just-drinks authors and correspondents
A trained newspaper journalist, Richard Woodard was editor of the drinks trade magazine Wine & Spirit International from 2000 to 2005, responsible for writing, commissioning and producing a broad range of business-related content relevant to the international drinks industry.
He now works freelance and is a regular contributor to just-drinks.com, Decanter, The Spirits Business, The Drinks Business and Imbibe, among others.
Columns by Richard Woodard
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
Articles by Richard Woodard
Global vodka sales are set for continued declines over the next five years, but the prospects for the premium-and-above price segments are brighter, according to recent research from just-drinks and The IWSR.
The strong growth for Cognac is poised to continue in the coming years, according to recent research, driven by increased consumption in the US, China and the UK.
The ongoing revival of the gin category in markets like the UK and Spain conceals a complex and fragmented global picture where overall consumption is still falling, according to the latest Global Gin Insights joint report from just-drinks and the IWSR.
The global rum market is set to face a tough future, according to joint research from just-drinks and The IWSR, with volumes expected to slide over the next five years.
The "remarkably resilient" Scotch whisky category is poised to stage a strong recovery over the next few years, buoyed by a resurgent blends market and continued growth for single malts.
As part of our Spirits Essentials series, just-drinks and The IWSR present a comprehensive guide to the vodka category. Sourced from the joint Global Vodka Insights report, published in December, we look at both market and category trends for vodka globally, the performance of the key brands, as well as the challenges facing the category going forward.
Following on from Chris Losh's look at the year ahead for wine and Stephen Beaumont's consideration of the future for beer, Richard Woodard looks at how the white spirits segment is shaping up for 2017.
As part of our Spirits Essentials series, just-drinks and The IWSR present a comprehensive guide to the Cognac category. Sourced from the joint Global Cognac Insights report, published in November, we look at both market and category trends for Cognac globally, the performance of the key brands, as well as the challenges facing Cognac going forward.
To coincide with the release of just-drinks latest Spirits Essentials coverage, Richard Woodard considers the dangers facing the Cognac segment if it continues to operate solely at the extremes of China and the US.
Drinks industry executives are in a more pessimistic mood at the dawn of 2017, according to the findings of the latest annual just-drinks Confidence Survey.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends