just-drinks authors and correspondents
A trained newspaper journalist, Richard Woodard was editor of the drinks trade magazine Wine & Spirit International from 2000 to 2005, responsible for writing, commissioning and producing a broad range of business-related content relevant to the international drinks industry.
He now works freelance and is a regular contributor to just-drinks.com, Decanter, The Spirits Business, The Drinks Business and Imbibe, among others.
Columns by Richard Woodard
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
Articles by Richard Woodard
Do you remember the Pepsi Taste Challenge? Richard Woodard does, and he sees echoes of it in Bacardi's latest activation for its Oakheart spiced rum brand.
'Decade of Rum': The title chosen by the West Indies Rum & Spirits Producers’ Association (WIRSPA) for its recently-published report is an eye-catching one, but is it remotely accurate? Yes. And no.
Greater investment is needed in educational initiatives to tackle alcohol abuse and especially under-age drinking, according to trade association SpiritsEurope.
Mast-Jägermeister has launched a new two-bottle 'Speed Pour' freezer in the US for its shot-driven namesake liqueur brand.
E-commerce is poised to continue to grow its share of global wine sales, but brand owners must deal with continuing challenges, according to a new report.
SPI Group has unveiled a new bottle design for Stolichnaya, the first update since the vodka brand's creation around 80 years ago.
Analysts have hailed signs of “momentum returning” to Rémy Cointreau after the company announced a 6.1% rise in first-half reported sales to EUR500.7m (US$568.5m).
Asia is emerging as an increasingly attractive and significant destination for Australia’s wine exports, which experienced their strongest period of growth since the peak of 2007 in the 12 months to the end of September.
This month, Richard Woodard drills down into the perceived threat of craft spirits and finds more than just a load of small-scale brand names to worry about.
This month, Richard Woodard considers the marketing opportunity - or lack thereof - of provenance when it comes to marketing in the vodka segment.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts