just-drinks authors and correspondents
A trained newspaper journalist, Richard Woodard was editor of the drinks trade magazine Wine & Spirit International from 2000 to 2005, responsible for writing, commissioning and producing a broad range of business-related content relevant to the international drinks industry.
He now works freelance and is a regular contributor to just-drinks.com, Decanter, The Spirits Business, The Drinks Business and Imbibe, among others.
Columns by Richard Woodard
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
Articles by Richard Woodard
Much as all looks rosy in the UK, the gin sector has struggled in the US in recent years. What is the segment doing wrong, in a spirits market that offers generous bounty? Richard Woodard investigates.
This month, white spirits commentator Richard Woodard considers the present health - or lack thereof - of Pernod Ricard's flagship vodka brand, Absolut.
This month, we drill down into one of the most important consumer demographics for the global drinks industry. In part one of this special just-drinks management briefing, Richard Woodard looks at Millennials and asks: Who are they?
In the second part of this special just-drinks management briefing, which considers the Millennial consumer, Richard Woodard provides an in-depth look at what Millennials are like.
The penultimate part of this special just-drinks management briefing, which looks at the Millennial consumer, considers how the consumer group has changed in recent years. Richard Woodard investigates.
In the final part of this special just-drinks management briefing, Richard Woodard considers the relationship between Millennial consumers and brands.
While some have predicted turbulent times for the Global Travel Retail business, spirits columnist Richard Woodard sees a long and lucrative future for the sector.
Since almost the turn of the Century, it's been all about the BRICs. Brazil, Russia, India and China have spent the last 16 years as the focus for growth for every drinks company out there. Richard Woodard takes a look at the four countries and surveys their importance in 2016.
Confidence levels in the international drinks industry – across spirits, wine, beer, soft drinks and water – remain at similar levels to this time last year, with little change in sentiment in the responses to the key questions of our annual survey: the operating environment, consumer confidence, likelihood of business growth and the overall prospects for the year ahead.
In this, the second part of just-drinks' coverage of its annual confidence survey, we analyse the results from the first seven of the survey's 20 questions.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends