just-drinks authors and correspondents
A trained newspaper journalist, Richard Woodard was editor of the drinks trade magazine Wine & Spirit International from 2000 to 2005, responsible for writing, commissioning and producing a broad range of business-related content relevant to the international drinks industry.
He now works freelance and is a regular contributor to just-drinks.com, Decanter, The Spirits Business, The Drinks Business and Imbibe, among others.
Columns by Richard Woodard
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
Articles by Richard Woodard
This month, Richard Woodard considers the marketing opportunity - or lack thereof - of provenance when it comes to marketing in the vodka segment.
Earlier this month, Bacardi announced its purchase of Banks, a Mauritius-based range of rums. Why would a company whose name is synonymous with the rum category - almost transcends it - buy a rum brand? Richard Woodard investigates.
Heineken has opened a US$60m brewery in Myanmar as part of a joint venture with local operator Alliance Brewery Company.
A new “smart wine bottle” designed to fight counterfeiting and aid consumer communication will be unveiled in Shanghai later this week.
Producers of entry-level and mid-priced wines could profit from the slowdown in the Chinese economy and government austerity measures, according to a new study.
Beam Suntory has appointed ex-Kellogg’s executive John Rosair to the newly-created post of managing director, Oceania.
Scotch whisky business The BenRiach Distillery Company is to invest GBP25m (US$39m) over the next two years to drive growth for its trio of single malt brands.
Earlier this week, the trophy winners at this year’s International Spirits Challenge were announced. Here’s the full rundown:
Bacardi has launched a range of Single Cane Estate rums, describing them as the “new single malt” of the category.
Suntory soft drinks brand Ribena is launching a GBP6m (US$9.3m) marketing campaign aimed especially at consumers aged 16 to 34.
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research