just-drinks authors and correspondents
A trained newspaper journalist, Richard Woodard was editor of the drinks trade magazine Wine & Spirit International from 2000 to 2005, responsible for writing, commissioning and producing a broad range of business-related content relevant to the international drinks industry.
He now works freelance and is a regular contributor to just-drinks.com, Decanter, The Spirits Business, The Drinks Business and Imbibe, among others.
Columns by Richard Woodard
Resident columnist and spirits know-it-all Richard Woodard provides his monthly take on the latest in the global white spirits industry.
Articles by Richard Woodard
Following on from Chris Losh's look at the year ahead for wine and Stephen Beaumont's consideration of the future for beer, Richard Woodard looks at how the white spirits segment is shaping up for 2017.
As part of our Spirits Essentials series, just-drinks and The IWSR present a comprehensive guide to the Cognac category. Sourced from the joint Global Cognac Insights report, published in November, we look at both market and category trends for Cognac globally, the performance of the key brands, as well as the challenges facing Cognac going forward.
To coincide with the release of just-drinks latest Spirits Essentials coverage, Richard Woodard considers the dangers facing the Cognac segment if it continues to operate solely at the extremes of China and the US.
Drinks industry executives are in a more pessimistic mood at the dawn of 2017, according to the findings of the latest annual just-drinks Confidence Survey.
Business - particularly international business - dislikes uncertainty. As we enter 2017, however, the world is arguably a far more uncertain place than at any time since the global economic downturn of 2008-9.
In this, the second part of just-drinks' coverage of its annual confidence survey, we analyse the results from the first seven of the survey's 22 questions.
In this, the third part of just-drinks' coverage of its annual confidence survey, we analyse the results from questions eight to 14 of the survey's 22 questions.
In this, the last part of just-drinks' coverage of its annual confidence survey, we analyse the results from the final eight of the survey's 22 questions.
Confidence in the global drinks industry remains at a low level following the UK's decision to leave the European Union (EU), the latest just-drinks survey shows.
The impact of exchange rate fluctuations following the UK’s vote to leave the European Union remains a major concern for the future, according to the latest survey of the global drinks industry by just-drinks.
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits