just-drinks authors and correspondents
Richard Corbett has worked in the drinks industry for 13 years, ten of which were spent researching for Beverage Research Specialist Canadean. He has been the market analyst with Soft Drinks International since early-2004.
Columns by Richard Corbett
Each month, Richard Corbett casts his eye over the soft drinks & water categories.
Articles by Richard Corbett
The soft drinks industry has responded with some ire to a study from the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University in Boston, US.
The concept of a drink that can give you an instant hit of energy was always going to be a winning formula.
I recall the story of a well-known racehorse trainer, out on his gallops one spring morning watching his string of horses when a rainbow appeared. One of the stable lads, riding a particularly well thought of horse, shouted across to the trainer telling him that if he looked behind the rainbow he would find a pot of gold. "You idiot" the trainer retorted back. "You don’t need to look behind a rainbow for a pot of gold. You’re sitting on one." I think that Nestle Waters has looked at its stable of brands and realised it too may already be sitting on its own pot of gold.
Bacardi has joined forces with duty free retailer Aelia to open its first John Dewar & Sons Fine Whisky Emporium stores at two airports in Paris.
Will the next innovation in at-home carbonation prove to be the silver bullet for The Coca-Cola Co? Richard Corbett considers the prospects for the Keurig Kold.
This month, Richard Corbett looks at the Middle East, a region that offers a wealth of opportunities to the soft drinks and bottled water category.
Earlier this month, AG Barr announced its purchase of the cocktail and syrups producer, Funkin. Richard Corbett looks at the deal and considers the likelihood of success from Barr's Funkin move.
Richard Corbett takes his annual look back at the winners and losers in soft drink NPD last year.
Earlier this month, UK-based Fever-Tree launched an IPO, almost ten years after launching its namesake line of mixers. Richard Corbett believes both the company and its brand are firmly on the road to global success.
Bottled water appears to have been the biggest victim of the economic downturn, particularly in Western Europe. Richard Corbett takes a look at the prospects for one of the larger water players in the region, Nestlé.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research