just-drinks authors and correspondents
Educated at Reading University Ray Rowlands has over 30 years experience in international beverage research having worked for such companies as Canadean, IWSR and Nielsen.
He has his own independent company called Drinksinfo Ltd from which he offers a wide range of services to the beverage industry.
He is currently based in Suffolk, UK.
Columns by Ray Rowlands
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
Articles by Ray Rowlands
Soft drinks packaging has seen many changes over the years. Here, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd examines the current trends and predicts that the innovation roller coaster is unlikely to end soon
Following the news that Red Bull will have to drop its “Red Bull gives you wings” tagline in the US due to misleading advertising, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a look at some other contentious marketing, and finds that energy drinks are not the only beverages that have got into hot water over promotional claims.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a look at the changing face of the Russian beverage market and reviews the impact of the current economic and political situation on the country’s demand for soft drinks.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd reviews Coca-Cola Co's link-up with Monster Beverage Corp and contemplates PepsiCo’s reaction to the purchase.
In the latest of his monthly columns for just-drinks, Ray Rowlands from Drinksinfo Ltd turns his sights on the Middle East, giving a synopsis of soft drinks trends plus a review of recent and forthcoming events affecting the region.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a trip down memory lane to look at an iconic juice drinks brand of the 1990s - Sunny Delight. He charts its progress up to the present day, including its latest venture into the energy drinks arena.
Ray Rowlands, of Drinksinfo Ltd, explores medicinal water, a segment of the bottled water category that, whilst offering undeniable health benefits, has been largely rejected by the global consumer.
Last month, Nelson Peltz of Trian Fund Management sent a 37-page letter to PepsiCo's board urging it to spin off, what he described as, its struggling beverage business. Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd looks at the pros and cons of such a monumental undertaking and draws his own conclusions.
As its Japanese home market struggles to expand Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd looks at the recent overseas ventures that the Asahi Group has undertaken in its hunt for growth culminating in its latest foray, this time in the Indonesian soft drinks arena.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd reports on the recent controversy surrounding the SodaStream Super Bowl advert in the US and asks, who really gained from its rejection by the media?
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future