just-drinks authors and correspondents
Educated at Reading University Ray Rowlands has over 30 years experience in international beverage research having worked for such companies as Canadean, IWSR and Nielsen.
He has his own independent company called Drinksinfo Ltd from which he offers a wide range of services to the beverage industry.
He is currently based in Suffolk, UK.
Columns by Ray Rowlands
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
Articles by Ray Rowlands
Following the announcement that Kraft Foods and Heinz are to merge, Ray Rowlands looks at some other actual - and would-be - company unions and asks, who might be next?
Having recently returned from Australia, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd, takes a look at some of the recent soft drinks developments he encountered Down Under and draws the conclusion that, rather than being an isolated backwater, Australia is actually at the cutting edge of innovation.
It's to Mexico for Ray Rowlands this month. How have the soft drinks and bottled water categories fared, one year on from the introduction of a tax on full-sugar drinks in the country?
Now that the Champagne corks have finished popping and the fireworks are all but a pleasant memory, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd says goodbye to the old year and contemplates some of the issues facing the soft drinks industry in 2015.
Soft drinks packaging has seen many changes over the years. Here, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd examines the current trends and predicts that the innovation roller coaster is unlikely to end soon
Following the news that Red Bull will have to drop its “Red Bull gives you wings” tagline in the US due to misleading advertising, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a look at some other contentious marketing, and finds that energy drinks are not the only beverages that have got into hot water over promotional claims.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a look at the changing face of the Russian beverage market and reviews the impact of the current economic and political situation on the country’s demand for soft drinks.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd reviews Coca-Cola Co's link-up with Monster Beverage Corp and contemplates PepsiCo’s reaction to the purchase.
In the latest of his monthly columns for just-drinks, Ray Rowlands from Drinksinfo Ltd turns his sights on the Middle East, giving a synopsis of soft drinks trends plus a review of recent and forthcoming events affecting the region.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a trip down memory lane to look at an iconic juice drinks brand of the 1990s - Sunny Delight. He charts its progress up to the present day, including its latest venture into the energy drinks arena.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets