just-drinks authors and correspondents
Educated at Reading University Ray Rowlands has over 30 years experience in international beverage research having worked for such companies as Canadean, IWSR and Nielsen.
He has his own independent company called Drinksinfo Ltd from which he offers a wide range of services to the beverage industry.
He is currently based in Suffolk, UK.
Columns by Ray Rowlands
Ray Rowlands from market research firm DrinksInfo gives his monthly view on the latest issues affecting the soft drinks & water categories
Articles by Ray Rowlands
Having recently returned from Australia, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd, takes a look at some of the recent soft drinks developments he encountered Down Under and draws the conclusion that, rather than being an isolated backwater, Australia is actually at the cutting edge of innovation.
It's to Mexico for Ray Rowlands this month. How have the soft drinks and bottled water categories fared, one year on from the introduction of a tax on full-sugar drinks in the country?
Now that the Champagne corks have finished popping and the fireworks are all but a pleasant memory, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd says goodbye to the old year and contemplates some of the issues facing the soft drinks industry in 2015.
Soft drinks packaging has seen many changes over the years. Here, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd examines the current trends and predicts that the innovation roller coaster is unlikely to end soon
Following the news that Red Bull will have to drop its “Red Bull gives you wings” tagline in the US due to misleading advertising, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a look at some other contentious marketing, and finds that energy drinks are not the only beverages that have got into hot water over promotional claims.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a look at the changing face of the Russian beverage market and reviews the impact of the current economic and political situation on the country’s demand for soft drinks.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd reviews Coca-Cola Co's link-up with Monster Beverage Corp and contemplates PepsiCo’s reaction to the purchase.
In the latest of his monthly columns for just-drinks, Ray Rowlands from Drinksinfo Ltd turns his sights on the Middle East, giving a synopsis of soft drinks trends plus a review of recent and forthcoming events affecting the region.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a trip down memory lane to look at an iconic juice drinks brand of the 1990s - Sunny Delight. He charts its progress up to the present day, including its latest venture into the energy drinks arena.
Ray Rowlands, of Drinksinfo Ltd, explores medicinal water, a segment of the bottled water category that, whilst offering undeniable health benefits, has been largely rejected by the global consumer.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets