just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Raghavendra Verma
The Coca-Cola Co has seen the ongoing issue of groundwater use in India hit its plans to build a bottling plant in the southern state of Tamil Nadu.
India's Sula Vineyards has benefited from bad weather in its home state, with the company taking delivery of a large amount of cut-price, storm-damaged grapes.
The newly-elected Government of Madhya Pradesh has extended the two-year-old ban on the opening of new liquor shops in the Indian state.
United Spirits may be forced to consider teaming with a multinational drinks partner to fend off the financial pitfalls facing its parent company, The UB Group.
India's US$28bn alcoholic beverages market is expected grow to US$45bn by 2015 and will be lifted by growing consumer taste for luxury spirits, according to a new report.
PepsiCo India has welcomed the industry-wide decision to create a self-regulatory code to monitor advertising and marketing to children under 12 years of age.
India’s drinks industry was not harmed badly by the recession, with domestic sales of soft drinks and juice production all growing steadily throughout 2009, according to a recent Euromonitor report. In the soft drinks sector, Coca-Cola was the clear leader with Pepsi close behind, but several Indian companies such as Parle Agro, Parle Bisleri Ltd and Dabur India Ltd proffered some healthy competition.
The UB Group is targeting becoming the world’s largest spirits manufacturer by volume next year.
Indian environmentalists and farmers’ groups are warning major drinks companies that, by transforming the country’s horticulture patterns and changing its existing fruit supply chain, they are playing with fire. Raghavendra Verma reports from New Delhi.
Coca-Cola Co. and PepsiCo received temporary relief today (12 December) in India’s pesticides row when the country’s Supreme Court delayed the verdict in the controversial contamination case for two months.
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends