just-drinks authors and correspondents
After 11 years of doing he doesn't know what, Olly Wehring's “Eureka!” moment arrived in 2003, when he decided to retrain as a journalist.
Following several freelance stints at such hallowed publications as the Sunday Times Travel Magazine, Retail Week and The Daily Mirror, Olly boarded the good ship just-drinks in October 2003 as news editor.
Within only two years, he had moved up to the position of editor – a role he has assumed ever since.
Olly likes working for just-drinks, and likes drinks.
Columns by Olly Wehring
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
Articles by Olly Wehring
Late last week, Concha y Toro released its results for the first half of 2015. Here, we take a closer look at the company's performance in the period.
Concha y Toro has bemoaned a tough first quarter that led to a dip in profits in the first six months of this year.
Heineken has lined up a partnership with the UEFA Europa League football tournament for its Amstel brand.
Heineken has boosted its on-trade presence in the UK through the purchase of 13 pubs from Greene King.
Diageo has extended its distribution tie-ups in the US with the Charmer Sunbelt Group.
The Brewers of Europe has confirmed the appointment of a new communications director following the promotion of its senior adviser for beer & society and communications.
Australian Vintage has posted a lift in full-year sales although profits were dented by a brace of one-offs.
Pernod Ricard has reported operating profits within its guidance for fiscal-2015, although the Absolut brand was hit by an impairment charge in the period.
Earlier today, Brown-Forman posted its first-quarter results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region and brand in the three months to the end of July.
Brown-Forman has reported a "strong start" to its latest fiscal year, with high single-digit profit growth forecast for the period.
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research