just-drinks authors and correspondents
After 11 years of doing he doesn't know what, Olly Wehring's “Eureka!” moment arrived in 2003, when he decided to retrain as a journalist.
Following several freelance stints at such hallowed publications as the Sunday Times Travel Magazine, Retail Week and The Daily Mirror, Olly boarded the good ship just-drinks in October 2003 as news editor.
Within only two years, he had moved up to the position of editor – a role he has assumed ever since.
Olly likes working for just-drinks, and likes drinks.
Columns by Olly Wehring
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
Articles by Olly Wehring
Bihar is the latest state in India that will ban the consumption of alcohol, fulfilling an election pledge by the state's Chief Minister.
just-drinks is in Madrid today as a guest of Mahou San Miguel. Here's a look at how the company has grown to become Spain's beer market leader.
Diageo has confirmed that it is under investigation by authorities in the US Virgin Islands over the importation of what the company calls "sugar cane intermediate" instead of molasses for the production of rum at its Captain Morgan facility on the island of St Croix.
Beam Suntory has rolled out the second edition of the Brodir extension of Laphroaig.
In a developed market where the top two players account for over two-thirds of total volumes, smaller players would be forgiven for thinking they had far less to go at, compared to in the newer, emerging markets. But, present size is not relative to future growth potential, as one analyst has explored this week.
French wine company Bouvet Ladubay has returned to family control following Diageo's decision to withdraw from the category.
Heaven Hill has released a limited edition reposado expression of its Lunazul Tequila brand in the US.
Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits has revised its targets for the years ahead, with sales between 2016 and 2018 expected to rise by 8% to 13%.
Brown-Forman has updated the packaging for its Collingwood Canadian whisky brand in the US.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts