just-drinks authors and correspondents
After 11 years of doing he doesn't know what, Olly Wehring's “Eureka!” moment arrived in 2003, when he decided to retrain as a journalist.
Following several freelance stints at such hallowed publications as the Sunday Times Travel Magazine, Retail Week and The Daily Mirror, Olly boarded the good ship just-drinks in October 2003 as news editor.
Within only two years, he had moved up to the position of editor – a role he has assumed ever since.
Olly likes working for just-drinks, and likes drinks.
Columns by Olly Wehring
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
Articles by Olly Wehring
Late yesterday, Pernod Ricard confirmed that it has opened discussions with Sazerac with a view to selling its Paddy Irish whiskey brand. Here's a look at Paddy and its position in the Irish whiskey category and Pernod's portfolio.
Berry Bros & Rudd is set to pull the UK distribution of its spirits stable from Maxxium and Mangrove.
Monster Beverage Corp has seen its bottom line return to better-than-normal levels in the first three months of 2016, after the prior-year period dealt with the financial fall-out from the company's tie-up with The Coca-Cola Co.
In late-2015, Anheuser-Busch InBev secured the takeover of SABMiller for US$107.3bn. Since then, the brewing giant has lined up several divestments of SAB assets. Here's a rolling list of the sell-offs A-B InBev has lined up to proceed once it closes the transaction, expected at some point in the second half of this year.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global soft drinks & bottled water categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and spirits & wine.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global beer & cider categories. We also have similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
Competitive issues among the world's larger brewers may result in a private equity company leading the race for SABMiller's assets in Central & Eastern Europe, an analyst has told just-drinks.
Earlier today, Anheuser-Busch InBev announced the intended sale of SABMiller's total presence in Central and Eastern Europe. Here's a breakdown of the brands and assets that are now available to purchase.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is looking to divest virtually all of SABMiller's operations in Europe, with SAB's total presence in Central and Eastern Europe set to follow the Grolsch, Peroni Nastro Azzuro and Meantime brands in being put up for sale.
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US