just-drinks authors and correspondents
After 11 years of doing he doesn't know what, Olly Wehring's “Eureka!” moment arrived in 2003, when he decided to retrain as a journalist.
Following several freelance stints at such hallowed publications as the Sunday Times Travel Magazine, Retail Week and The Daily Mirror, Olly boarded the good ship just-drinks in October 2003 as news editor.
Within only two years, he had moved up to the position of editor – a role he has assumed ever since.
Olly likes working for just-drinks, and likes drinks.
Columns by Olly Wehring
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
Articles by Olly Wehring
Ahead of the release tomorrow of Gruppo Campari's results for the fourth quarter and the 12 months of 2016, here's a look at the events that shaped the three months to the end of December for the Milan-headquartered group.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has reported a rise in sales for 2016, with volumes dropping back in the period.
Former Tesco wine director Dan Jago took over as CEO at UK-based Berry Bros & Rudd in 2015 and has since overseen a period of overhaul at the near-320-year-old wine and spirits group. Late last month, just-drinks met up with Jago at BBR's London headquarters. In part I of the interview, Jago discussed new changes to the company. In part II, the CEO talks about how he has no desire to chase the Millennial market, and reveals what keeps him awake at night.
Heineken has vowed to fight a EUR100m (US$105.6m) compensation claim by a Greek brewer that follows the imposition 14 months ago of a near-EUR32m fine related to alleged infringement practices in the country.
The UK arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up the nation-wide launch of US beer brand Bud Light.
Earlier this week, Coca-Cola Amatil issued its results for 2016. The group saw its 12-month sales rise by just over 1%, with net profits on an organic basis increasing by 6%. Here, just-drinks breaks down Coca-Cola Amatil's figures for last year by region.
Coca-Cola Amatil has reported a slight lift in full-year sales, although a one-off impairment charge pulled on the bottom line in 2016.
In August 2015, UK-based Berry Bros & Rudd appointed Dan Jago as its CEO. Since then, the former group wine director at Tesco has overseen a period of overhaul at the near-320-year-old wine and spirits group. Late last month, just-drinks met up with Jago at BBR's London headquarters to learn more about the changes he has introduced.
Earlier this week, Heineken released its full-year results for 2016. The brewer saw its sales in the year rise by almost 5% in organic terms, although profits fell, against a 2015 boosted by a one-off income. Here, just-drinks considers Heineken's performance over the last five years.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global soft drinks & bottled water categories. We have similar round-ups for beer & cider and spirits & wine.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends