just-drinks authors and correspondents
After 11 years of doing he doesn't know what, Olly Wehring's “Eureka!” moment arrived in 2003, when he decided to retrain as a journalist.
Following several freelance stints at such hallowed publications as the Sunday Times Travel Magazine, Retail Week and The Daily Mirror, Olly boarded the good ship just-drinks in October 2003 as news editor.
Within only two years, he had moved up to the position of editor – a role he has assumed ever since.
Olly likes working for just-drinks, and likes drinks.
Columns by Olly Wehring
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
Articles by Olly Wehring
SABMiller has put its integration talks with Anheuser-Busch InBev on hold, just-drinks understands.
On Friday, Anheuser-Busch InBev will announce its second-quarter and half-year results. Here, just-drinks looks at the global beer company's activities in the three months to the end of June.
Earlier today (27 July), The Coca-Cola Co posted a near-5% dip in sales for the first six months of 2015. Here, just-drinks takes a look at how each region has performed for the soft drinks giant in the three months and six months to the end of June.
A rise in price/mix and a Germany-related gain in the second quarter helped pull Coca-Cola Co's bottom line into growth for the first six months of this year.
Fever-Tree has continued its impressive growth in the first half of 2016, with sales and profits both jumping in the period.
Refresco Group has extended its soft drinks and fruit juice production footprint into North America through the purchase of Whitlock Packaging.
Lucas Bols, De Kuyper Royal Distillers and Herman Jansen have agreed the carve-up of drinks producer Distilleerderij Cooymans and the wine operations of Delcave/NCK.
Halewood Wines & Spirits has acquired a holding in Irish whiskey producer West Cork Distillers, four months after buying a 50% holding in the firm's The Pogues brand.
On Wednesday, the Coca-Cola Co will release its results for the second quarter - and first half - of 2016. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the three months to the end of June.
Gruppo Campari is trialling a pre-mix Negroni product in the US as it looks to ride the popularity of the Campari-based cocktail in the country's on-premise.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends