just-drinks authors and correspondents
After 11 years of doing he doesn't know what, Olly Wehring's “Eureka!” moment arrived in 2003, when he decided to retrain as a journalist.
Following several freelance stints at such hallowed publications as the Sunday Times Travel Magazine, Retail Week and The Daily Mirror, Olly boarded the good ship just-drinks in October 2003 as news editor.
Within only two years, he had moved up to the position of editor – a role he has assumed ever since.
Olly likes working for just-drinks, and likes drinks.
Columns by Olly Wehring
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
Articles by Olly Wehring
Distell has purchased majority control of the Cruz Vodka brand, marking its entry into the white spirits segment.
Phusion Projects is targeting the shots drinking occasion with the release of three new spirits variants under its Four Loko brand name.
Heineken has reported flat volumes for the first quarter of 2017, as the brewer went up against a bumper three-month period a year ago.
Earlier today, Heineken reported a 0.6% increase in sales from the brewer's first quarter. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's performance in the three months to the end of March by region.
SPI Group has lined up the launch of two flavoured vodka variants under the Stoli Crushed brand name.
William Grant & Sons has followed its purchase of the Hudson US craft whiskey brand seven years ago with the acquisition today of Tuthilltown Spirits, the company that produces the liquid.
Late last week, Concha y Toro released its full-year results for 2016. The Chile-headquartered wine group saw the first six months prop up the full-year performance, as currency fluctuations triggered by June's EU referendum in the UK battered profits. Here, just-drinks considers CyT's performance over the last five years.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global spirits & wine categories. We have similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and beer & cider.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global soft drinks & bottled water categories. We have similar round-ups for beer & cider and spirits & wine.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global beer & cider categories. We have similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World