just-drinks authors and correspondents
After 11 years of doing he doesn't know what, Olly Wehring's “Eureka!” moment arrived in 2003, when he decided to retrain as a journalist.
Following several freelance stints at such hallowed publications as the Sunday Times Travel Magazine, Retail Week and The Daily Mirror, Olly boarded the good ship just-drinks in October 2003 as news editor.
Within only two years, he had moved up to the position of editor – a role he has assumed ever since.
Olly likes working for just-drinks, and likes drinks.
Columns by Olly Wehring
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
Articles by Olly Wehring
La Martiniquaise-Bardinet has lined up an extension of the 'Classic' expressions of Glen Moray single malt.
Pernod Ricard has announced the appointment of Ben Gibson as operations director for its European Travel Retail unit, with present incumbent Phil Corfield set to retire.
Eckes-Granini has confirmed its intention to buy Arla Foods-owned Danish juice producer Rynkeby Foods.
Carlsberg has recruited former international footballer Marcel Desailly to front a Europe-wide advert ahead of next month’s UEFA Euro 2016 football tournament.
Langatun Distillery has released a range of Swiss whiskies in the UK.
SPI Group has launched a higher-end expression of its Moskovskaya vodka brand.
Pernod Ricard has confirmed the completion of the divestment of its Paddy Irish whiskey brand to Sazerac.
Jackson Family Wines has lined up another winery acquisition, this time in its home state of California.
In a note to clients last week, analysts at CLSA spoke to Dr Robert Lustig, an expert on endocrinology and obesity and professor at UC San Francisco. On the call, Dr Lustig discussed "the case against sugar", the title of CLSA's note.
The Coca-Cola Co is worst-placed among soft drinks companies to deal with consumers' and regulators' concerns about sugared drinks globally, an analyst has warned.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Leelex to open Portobello Road gin distillery
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends