just-drinks authors and correspondents
After 11 years of doing he doesn't know what, Olly Wehring's “Eureka!” moment arrived in 2003, when he decided to retrain as a journalist.
Following several freelance stints at such hallowed publications as the Sunday Times Travel Magazine, Retail Week and The Daily Mirror, Olly boarded the good ship just-drinks in October 2003 as news editor.
Within only two years, he had moved up to the position of editor – a role he has assumed ever since.
Olly likes working for just-drinks, and likes drinks.
Columns by Olly Wehring
The just-drinks leader, written by the just-drinks leader.
Articles by Olly Wehring
Here's a round-up of this week's highlights in the global soft drinks & bottled water category. We are also running similar round-ups for beer and spirits & wine.
Here's a round-up of this week's highlights in the global beer & cider category. We are also running similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
Diageo is poised to release a new, Scotch whisky-based product in Latin America in the coming months, possibly as an extension of the Johnnie Walker brand.
Here's a round-up of this week's highlights in the global spirits & wine categories. We are also running similar round-ups for beer and soft drinks & bottled water.
Vintage Wine Estates has made another winery purchase in California, this time in Napa Valley.
Heineken is to raise EUR500m (US$559.5m) through the placement of a set of six-year notes.
The growth of the craft spirits segment is pushing larger producers to review how they connect with consumers rather than look to purchase new-entrant brands, according to the head of innovation at Diageo.
Minimum unit pricing on alcohol should only be permitted in European countries if all other measures cannot deal with the issue of public health, according to the Advocate General of the European Court of Justice.
William Grant & Sons has confirmed to just-drinks that its Glenfiddich brand has been overtaken by Pernod Ricard's The Glenlivet as the world's biggest-selling single malt Scotch whisky brand.
The Scottish Government has reiterated its preference for the introduction of minimum unit pricing (MUP) on alcohol and has joined drinks organisation's in welcoming today's opinion from the European Court of Justice's advocate general.
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- A-B InBev in China - just the Facts
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Vodka Market 2015-2019