just-drinks authors and correspondents
Mark Beaumont at Annecto Legal
Articles by Mark Beaumont at Annecto Legal
Last month, UK-headquartered soft drinks company Nichols was hit with a legal fine in Pakistan. The PKR1.4m (US$13.8m) payout to its bottling partner in the country, Gul Bottlers, hit Nichols' bottom line hard. The ruling in Gul's favour carried echoes of David beating Goliath. Mark Beaumont, a director at UK-based law firm Annecto Legal, considers the well-established, yet little-known method of funding litigation that could help a slighted minnow chalk up a victory against a bigger partner.
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014