just-drinks authors and correspondents
Mark Beaumont at Annecto Legal
Articles by Mark Beaumont at Annecto Legal
Last month, UK-headquartered soft drinks company Nichols was hit with a legal fine in Pakistan. The PKR1.4m (US$13.8m) payout to its bottling partner in the country, Gul Bottlers, hit Nichols' bottom line hard. The ruling in Gul's favour carried echoes of David beating Goliath. Mark Beaumont, a director at UK-based law firm Annecto Legal, considers the well-established, yet little-known method of funding litigation that could help a slighted minnow chalk up a victory against a bigger partner.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban