just-drinks authors and correspondents
Mark Beaumont at Annecto Legal
Articles by Mark Beaumont at Annecto Legal
Last month, UK-headquartered soft drinks company Nichols was hit with a legal fine in Pakistan. The PKR1.4m (US$13.8m) payout to its bottling partner in the country, Gul Bottlers, hit Nichols' bottom line hard. The ruling in Gul's favour carried echoes of David beating Goliath. Mark Beaumont, a director at UK-based law firm Annecto Legal, considers the well-established, yet little-known method of funding litigation that could help a slighted minnow chalk up a victory against a bigger partner.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018