just-drinks authors and correspondents
Lucy Britner is just-drinks' deputy editor. She has been a drinks journalist for ten years and she holds a diploma in wine and spirits. She has traveled to wineries, breweries and distilleries around the world and she enjoys sampling drinks as well as writing about them. Her work has appeared in several major drinks publications including Imbibe, Decanter.com, Drinks International, Publican’s Morning Advertiser and Harpers. She also spent a year on consumer magazine Square Meal, where she covered restaurants and drink in London.
Articles by Lucy Britner
In its first-half results yesterday, The Coca-Cola Co noted a strong performance in some of its largest and most developed markets - including the US, Mexico and Japan.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group CFO Martin Ellen has said the company will revamp its 7UP brand in an effort to reverse declines.
Champagne Bruno Paillard has launched the fifth vintage of its prestige cuvee - NPU - to the UK market
McGuigan Wines will rollout its 'Bring a McGuigan' advertising campaign to UK television from September.
Actor Dan Aykroyd has launched a drier, spicier variant of his Crystal Head vodka brand.
Best known as a vintage Cognac specialist, privately-owned Hine last month released Bonneuil 2006, an expression that does not carry one of the category's traditional VS, VSOP or XO descriptors. As China - the most important market for Cognac in recent years - moves away from the XO-and-above Cognac segment, and the idea of 'craft' drives interest in the category's smaller houses, Hine's new international sales director, Per Even Allaire, tells just-drinks how the company plans to make the most of the new world order.
UK drinks company Halewood Wines & Spirits has launched a range of "fresh and simple" wines called Surprisingly Good.
Gonzalez Byass has released the first organic wine to be made at its Otero winery in Spain. Finca Constancia Entre Lunas 2013 is made using 100% Tempranillo grapes.
UK drinks group Conviviality has reported a triple-digit sales boost for its full year, following the integration of wholesale firm Matthew Clark.
A new trade body for craft spirits producers has been established in the UK in a bid to promote the interests of artisanal distillers.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends