just-drinks authors and correspondents
Lucy Britner is just-drinks' deputy editor. She has been a drinks journalist for ten years and she holds a diploma in wine and spirits. She has traveled to wineries, breweries and distilleries around the world and she enjoys sampling drinks as well as writing about them. Her work has appeared in several major drinks publications including Imbibe, Decanter.com, Drinks International, Publican’s Morning Advertiser and Harpers. She also spent a year on consumer magazine Square Meal, where she covered restaurants and drink in London.
Articles by Lucy Britner
Brazil still offers a tremendous amount of opportunity, according to Anheuser-Busch InBev’s CEO Carlos Brito.
Analysts didn’t come away from Diageo’s latest set of results with overwhelming praise for the company, but there are some signs of life for the drinks behemoth.
Europe has not seen the same dip in consumer interest in diet soft drinks as the US, according to Coca-Cola Enterprises.
What do Brazil, the US and Korea have in common? They all managed to make appearances in analysts’ notes on Anheuser-Busch InBev’s Q2 and H1 performance - but not necessarily for positive reasons.
SPI Group has acquired Spain's Arinzano winery, which will become part of the company's newly-created wine division, HEW Holding.
Carlsberg is to roll out a TV commercial in the UK to celebrate the start of the football season.
FAL Food & Beverages has extended its Coco Joy partnership to include New York City Football Club and Manchester City FC.
Whyte & Mackay, the Scotch unit of Emperador Inc, is to distribute rum cream liqueur brand RumChata in the UK, on behalf of American Tequila and rum producer Agave Loco Brands.
Britvic has appointed SABMiller's Mathew Dunn to the role of chief financial officer.
Anheuser-Busch InBev will report its first-half and second-quarter results tomorrow (30 July). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's highs and lows in the three months to the end of June:
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research