just-drinks authors and correspondents
Lucy Britner is just-drinks' deputy editor. She has been a drinks journalist for ten years and she holds a diploma in wine and spirits. She has traveled to wineries, breweries and distilleries around the world and she enjoys sampling drinks as well as writing about them. Her work has appeared in several major drinks publications including Imbibe, Decanter.com, Drinks International, Publican’s Morning Advertiser and Harpers. She also spent a year on consumer magazine Square Meal, where she covered restaurants and drink in London.
Articles by Lucy Britner
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global beer & cider categories. We have similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
Pernod Ricard's Irish Distillers division has released a range of "experimental super premium whiskeys" from its Midleton distillery in Ireland.
Bacardi has purchased a minority interest in mezcal producer Ilegal as the brand looks to expand its distribution footprint in the US.
The founder of Boston Beer Co has said the company's beers will emerge from a craft beer shakeout among the strongest in the category.
William Grant & Sons has appointed Victor Jerez to the role of group business development director, effective 1 March 2017.
Remy Cointreau has announced the 2017 release of 1703 Master Select rum from its Mount Gay distillery in Barbados.
London brewery Fuller's has become the latest to add an unfiltered beer to its line-up.
AG Barr's cocktail unit Funkin has released a coconut purée in the UK on-premise, as it looks to capitalise on the popularity of the Pina Colada.
SPI Group's Amber Beverage unit has lined up a limited-edition design for its Moskovskaya Vodka packs.
UK drinks firm Kingsland has developed a range of British wines in white, rosé and sparkling rosé styles. The wines were developed to answer a need for "affordable, fresh tasting wine for spontaneous occasions", the company said.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends