just-drinks authors and correspondents
Lucy Britner is just-drinks' deputy editor. She has been a drinks journalist for ten years and she holds a diploma in wine and spirits. She has traveled to wineries, breweries and distilleries around the world and she enjoys sampling drinks as well as writing about them. Her work has appeared in several major drinks publications including Imbibe, Decanter.com, Drinks International, Publican’s Morning Advertiser and Harpers. She also spent a year on consumer magazine Square Meal, where she covered restaurants and drink in London.
Articles by Lucy Britner
The Scotch whisky industry has enjoyed many a boom and suffered many a bust and reports suggest Japanese whisky is following in its footsteps.
Earlier today, Pernod Ricard reported operating profits within its guidance for fiscal-2015, although the Absolut brand was hit by an impairment charge in the period. Here's a closer look at the Paris-headquartered company's performance in the 12 months to the end of June.
India has overtaken France to become Pernod Ricard's third largest market.
Former The Macallan master distiller David Robertson is to open the first single malt whisky distillery in Edinburgh for 90 years.
Tiziano has launched a sparkling rosé to capitalise on the growing sales of rose and Prosecco in the US.
Diageo is to roll out its Bulleit & Cola RTD in glass bottles in Australia.
Amazon has launched its Prime Now service in Seattle, with wine and beer deliveries promised within one hour of ordering.
Musician Bruno Mars' rum is set to roll out across the US and in Canada.
Australian company Sesión is to launch its 100% blue agave Tequila in the country.
The number of distiller's licence applications in the UK has risen from five in 2009-2010 to 65 for the year ending March 2015, according to research.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research