just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Lubomír Sedlák
William Grant & Sons is set to switch the distribution of its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand in Czech and Slovakia from Stock Spirits to Remy Cointreau.
SABMiller subsidiary Plzensky Prazdroj, the Czech Republic's biggest beer maker, has appointed a new CEO.
A proposed law forcing restaurants in the Czech Republic to list a soft drink option at a lower price to the equivalent-sized alcoholic drink has been attacked by a trade body.
Distillers in Czech have demanded compensation for the costs they will accrue from having to put new excise duty stamps on their bottles.
Last month's ban on spirits in Czech has benefited wine sales in the country, according to recent figures.
The authorities in Czech have granted a partial lifting of the spirits ban in the country.
The Czech unit of Pernod Ricard remains closed as the prospect of a partial lift of the the ban on sales of spirits over 20% abv in the country looms.
The Czech unit of Pernod Ricard has ceased production as the country’s ban on spirits sales continues.
Several smaller-scale brewers in Slovakia have formed a trade body to counter what they feel is the growing dominance of Heineken and SABMiller in the country.
Spirits sales in Czech continued to struggle in the first half of this year, according to recent figures.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat