just-drinks authors and correspondents
After a teetotal boyhood in Canada, Larry Nelson has been making up for lost time since being introduced to the joys of beer at university. He is editor of Brewers' Guardian, the international brewing
industry magazine, and specialises in industry business issues.
He has been awarded a BA (Economics) from Dalhouise University in Halfax, NS, and a Masters in Journalism from University of Westminster in London.
Today he lives in the Home Counties, in walking distance of several good pubs.
Columns by Larry Nelson
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Articles by Larry Nelson
As the end of the year approaches, Larry Nelson looks back at the impact the craft beer segment has had on the broader beer category in 2014. The multi-national brewers' need to play in craft is no longer about simply riding the growth wave, argues Nelson, it's much more about basic survival.
Having already run his eye over an Anheuser-Busch InBev move for SABMiller, our beer commentator, Larry Nelson, runs through what alternatives the world's biggest brewer may consider to spend its money on.
Everyone in the brewing industry has an opinion on whether Anheuser-Busch InBev is set to acquire SABMiller. And here's Larry Nelson's.
Larry Nelson has been looking at the global brewers' numbers this month, and mulling what their report cards say about the state of international beer brands.
This month, Larry Nelson considers the importance of a reliable brand name for your beer. Anyone fancy a Mr Winky?
Is there a hop price crisis? Some beer industry observers believe so. Larry Nelson, however, believes the situation is not as clear as some have tried to make out.
As just-drinks publishes its latest on-trend report, which focuses on the craft beer sub-category, Larry Nelson ponders the future for the segment in its biggest market, the US.
This month, Larry Nelson has a challenge for those of you with an eye on the beer category. Pencils at the ready?
Last month, the chairman and former CEO of SABMiller, Graham Mackay, passed away. Ahead of a memorial service in London later this week, Larry Nelson looks back at an extraordinary career.
The performance of the craft beer sub-category dominates the brewing headlines. Larry Nelson takes an in-depth look at the numbers and details Boston Beer Co's position as the driving force for craft in the US.
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future