just-drinks authors and correspondents
After a teetotal boyhood in Canada, Larry Nelson has been making up for lost time since being introduced to the joys of beer at university. He is editor of Brewers' Guardian, the international brewing
industry magazine, and specialises in industry business issues.
He has been awarded a BA (Economics) from Dalhouise University in Halfax, NS, and a Masters in Journalism from University of Westminster in London.
Today he lives in the Home Counties, in walking distance of several good pubs.
Columns by Larry Nelson
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Articles by Larry Nelson
Following the Conservative Party's victory in the UK's General Election earlier this year, Larry Nelson has penned an open letter, on behalf of the brewer's operating in the country, to the Prime Minister.
Earlier this month, SABMiller announced the purchase of UK craft brewer Meantime Brewing Co. Larry Nelson has found the instruction manual.
As the end of the year approaches, Larry Nelson looks back at the impact the craft beer segment has had on the broader beer category in 2014. The multi-national brewers' need to play in craft is no longer about simply riding the growth wave, argues Nelson, it's much more about basic survival.
Having already run his eye over an Anheuser-Busch InBev move for SABMiller, our beer commentator, Larry Nelson, runs through what alternatives the world's biggest brewer may consider to spend its money on.
Everyone in the brewing industry has an opinion on whether Anheuser-Busch InBev is set to acquire SABMiller. And here's Larry Nelson's.
Larry Nelson has been looking at the global brewers' numbers this month, and mulling what their report cards say about the state of international beer brands.
This month, Larry Nelson considers the importance of a reliable brand name for your beer. Anyone fancy a Mr Winky?
Is there a hop price crisis? Some beer industry observers believe so. Larry Nelson, however, believes the situation is not as clear as some have tried to make out.
As just-drinks publishes its latest on-trend report, which focuses on the craft beer sub-category, Larry Nelson ponders the future for the segment in its biggest market, the US.
This month, Larry Nelson has a challenge for those of you with an eye on the beer category. Pencils at the ready?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research