just-drinks authors and correspondents
After a teetotal boyhood in Canada, Larry Nelson has been making up for lost time since being introduced to the joys of beer at university. He is editor of Brewers' Guardian, the international brewing
industry magazine, and specialises in industry business issues.
He has been awarded a BA (Economics) from Dalhouise University in Halfax, NS, and a Masters in Journalism from University of Westminster in London.
Today he lives in the Home Counties, in walking distance of several good pubs.
Columns by Larry Nelson
The editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, provides his monthly take on the latest developments in the beer category.
Articles by Larry Nelson
Everyone in the brewing industry has an opinion on whether Anheuser-Busch InBev is set to acquire SABMiller. And here's Larry Nelson's.
Larry Nelson has been looking at the global brewers' numbers this month, and mulling what their report cards say about the state of international beer brands.
This month, Larry Nelson considers the importance of a reliable brand name for your beer. Anyone fancy a Mr Winky?
Is there a hop price crisis? Some beer industry observers believe so. Larry Nelson, however, believes the situation is not as clear as some have tried to make out.
As just-drinks publishes its latest on-trend report, which focuses on the craft beer sub-category, Larry Nelson ponders the future for the segment in its biggest market, the US.
This month, Larry Nelson has a challenge for those of you with an eye on the beer category. Pencils at the ready?
Last month, the chairman and former CEO of SABMiller, Graham Mackay, passed away. Ahead of a memorial service in London later this week, Larry Nelson looks back at an extraordinary career.
The performance of the craft beer sub-category dominates the brewing headlines. Larry Nelson takes an in-depth look at the numbers and details Boston Beer Co's position as the driving force for craft in the US.
Marketing a beer brand successfully has traditionally involved partnering with a big event and parting with big bags of cash. But, Larry Nelson has been introduced to a smaller, smarter way to push a beer.
Recent figures releases in the US suggest that the growth of craft beer in the country continues unabated. Larry Nelson takes a look at the numbers.
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review