just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Keith Nuthall
A report from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation & Development (OECD) has said that increasing alcohol prices through taxes and minimum prices may help "tackle the heavy cost of harmful drinking".
European Union health ministers have agreed the development of a new policy for reducing alcohol-related harm.
All alcohol containers sold in the European Union should display calorie information, according to a parliamentary committee in the politico-economic bloc.
The European Commission has threatened legal action against the UK government, demanding that it scraps rules exempting from excise duty the sale of cider and perry made by small producers.
The European Commission has amended European Union (EU) marketing rules for Spanish sloe-flavoured liqueur Pacharán by insisting that a generic description is used when the product is made outside of Spain.
The European Court of Auditors (ECA) has argued against maintaining a special European Union (EU) public support system for the wine sector, saying it can rely on the EU’s rural development programme.
The European Commission has released details of proposals to remove tariffs on goods traded between the European Union and Ukraine.
Senegal's Société Industrielle Agro-Alimentaire has secured a EUR5m (US$6.9m) loan to help boost its presence across west Africa.
Wine producers from Georgia and Moldova will be hoping for a marked rise in exports to the European Union moving forward, following the signing of trade deals last week.
Further details of the free trade agreement between the European Union and Canada have been revealed.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer