just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Keith Nuthall
The European Union (EU) has called on the World Trade Organisation (WTO) to establish a disputes panel to consider its claim that Colombia is breaking global trade rules over the country's alleged "discriminatory treatment" of imported spirits.
Several alcoholic drinks producers in the UK have voiced concern about the possible loss of Geographical Indication status for their products, once the country leaves the European Union.
The UK's vote yesterday (June 23) to quit the European Union (EU) creates deep uncertainty, not only over the shape of future food and drink regulations in the country itself, but also export market access for companies operating in the UK or those outside the country looking to import in.
The European Commission has put forward a regulation that would prevent drinks brands from refusing to sell to consumers in a foreign European Union member state, if a distributor is prepared to export the product.
Deposit schemes for drinks packaging will not increase reuse or recycling rates, a senior Coca-Cola Enterprises executive has claimed.
The member-nations of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) have released detailed regulatory standards for wines and spirits that have been written into the trade deal.
The wine harvest across Europe this year is forecast to be up slightly, with the quality broadly expected to be good, according to EU farmers' cooperative Copa-Cogeca.
New Zealand’s wine industry could benefit from a new Free Trade Agreement with the European Union, with preparatory talks now under way.
The European Union seized about EUR2.1m (US$2.3m) in counterfeit or fake beverages at its borders in 2014, a marked rise on the year before, according to a European Commission report.
The American Brewers Association has said the best opportunity created by the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) deal for the US beer industry is increasing exports to Vietnam.
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages