just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Keith Nuthall
The UK's vote yesterday (June 23) to quit the European Union (EU) creates deep uncertainty, not only over the shape of future food and drink regulations in the country itself, but also export market access for companies operating in the UK or those outside the country looking to import in.
The European Commission has put forward a regulation that would prevent drinks brands from refusing to sell to consumers in a foreign European Union member state, if a distributor is prepared to export the product.
Deposit schemes for drinks packaging will not increase reuse or recycling rates, a senior Coca-Cola Enterprises executive has claimed.
The member-nations of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) have released detailed regulatory standards for wines and spirits that have been written into the trade deal.
The wine harvest across Europe this year is forecast to be up slightly, with the quality broadly expected to be good, according to EU farmers' cooperative Copa-Cogeca.
New Zealand’s wine industry could benefit from a new Free Trade Agreement with the European Union, with preparatory talks now under way.
The European Union seized about EUR2.1m (US$2.3m) in counterfeit or fake beverages at its borders in 2014, a marked rise on the year before, according to a European Commission report.
The American Brewers Association has said the best opportunity created by the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) deal for the US beer industry is increasing exports to Vietnam.
Drinks industry associations have welcomed the conclusion of negotiations for a Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement on Monday that will reduce barriers to trade between 12 Asia-Pacific countries. The Europeans, however, have concerns.
Drinks exporters in the Asia-Pacific region are awaiting the details of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal, which was successfully concluded yesterday.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends