just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Keith Nuthall
Drinks producers in the European Union are looking to quickly exploit the export benefits that are expected from the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) with Canada.
European wine and spirits organisations have welcomed today’s vote by the European Parliament to authorise the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) between the European Union and Canada.
Global Beer Georgia has secured a near-US$20m loan to build a brewery in the country that will produce Heineken brands under licence.
European Union (EU) member states should be permitted to levy reduced rates of excise duty on smaller producers of all alcoholic drinks, including wine, according to the European Commission.
The European Union (EU) has called on the World Trade Organisation (WTO) to establish a disputes panel to consider its claim that Colombia is breaking global trade rules over the country's alleged "discriminatory treatment" of imported spirits.
Several alcoholic drinks producers in the UK have voiced concern about the possible loss of Geographical Indication status for their products, once the country leaves the European Union.
The UK's vote yesterday (June 23) to quit the European Union (EU) creates deep uncertainty, not only over the shape of future food and drink regulations in the country itself, but also export market access for companies operating in the UK or those outside the country looking to import in.
The European Commission has put forward a regulation that would prevent drinks brands from refusing to sell to consumers in a foreign European Union member state, if a distributor is prepared to export the product.
Deposit schemes for drinks packaging will not increase reuse or recycling rates, a senior Coca-Cola Enterprises executive has claimed.
The member-nations of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) have released detailed regulatory standards for wines and spirits that have been written into the trade deal.
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends