just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Keith Nuthall
The European Court of Auditors (ECA) has argued against maintaining a special European Union (EU) public support system for the wine sector, saying it can rely on the EU’s rural development programme.
The European Commission has released details of proposals to remove tariffs on goods traded between the European Union and Ukraine.
Senegal's Société Industrielle Agro-Alimentaire has secured a EUR5m (US$6.9m) loan to help boost its presence across west Africa.
Wine producers from Georgia and Moldova will be hoping for a marked rise in exports to the European Union moving forward, following the signing of trade deals last week.
Further details of the free trade agreement between the European Union and Canada have been revealed.
Wine producers in Georgia are targeting improved export sales to the European Union after the creation of a “deep and comprehensive free trade area” between the EU and the Caucasus republic.
The European Commission is targeting a renewed food and drinks health agreement with the US that would result in mutual recognition of their respective drinks safety controls.
Heineken and Bavaria have said they are “disappointed” after Europe's highest court rejected their appeals against a reduction in fines for their part in a cartel.
The Union of European Soft Drinks Associations (UNESDA) has elected Coca-Cola Europe's boss as its new president.
Officials at the European Commission have told just-drinks that the European Union’s (EU) annual EUR1bn (US$1.27bn) wine sector subsidy budget is facing deep cuts.
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- Sustainability in Spirits - Part I
- Will Craft Brewers be Tempted by Private Equity?
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller
- Diageo unveils sixth Johnnie Walker House in Asia