just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Keith Nuthall
Drinks exporters in the Asia-Pacific region are awaiting the details of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal, which was successfully concluded yesterday.
Amcor Group and Sidel have received approval from the European Commission for their liquid packaging technology joint-venture.
The drinks industry in the European Union has been asked whether it wants to allow smaller beverage manufacturers to sell products at lower excise duty rates than their larger competitors.
The European Commission has launched a phase two examination of UK aluminium can and bottle manufacturer Rexam's proposed takeover by US rival Ball Corp, over concerns that a merged company might dominate European markets.
China Huiyuan Juice Group has offloaded nine struggling subsidiaries in its home market.
The director general of the World Health Organisation (WHO) has accused the marketing of full-sugar non-alcoholic beverages of being one of the main contributors to rising child obesity around the world, especially in developing countries.
The Cuban government has called on the United States to allow the Franco-Cuban Havana Club Holding to sell its product into America, claiming that the import ban continues to breach World Trade Organisation (WTO) rules.
The Canadian government has released plans to impose a 100% surtax on American wine imports in retaliation to US measures on meat and livestock.
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has said that single doses of caffeine of up to 200mg from all sources, including from energy drinks and cola, do not raise concerns for human health.
A report from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation & Development (OECD) has said that increasing alcohol prices through taxes and minimum prices may help "tackle the heavy cost of harmful drinking".
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research