just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Katy Askew
Kraft Foods, the producer and distributor of soft drink pouch range Capri Sun in North America, is to merge with fellow food giant Heinz.
PepsiCo is to invest US$500m in Egypt this year to expand production in the country, according to reports.
Tingyi (Cayman Islands) Holding Corp has promoted James Wei to the role of group CEO.
The UK units of 15 food and drinks companies - including PepsiCo and the Coca-Cola Co - are to fund government-backed diet research in the country.
PepsiCo has written directly to Trian Partners, rejecting the fund management company's latest demand to split the firm's beverage and snack divisions into two companies.
As manufacturers look to revitalise a lacklustre cereal category and win back the growing number of "breakfast skippers" in the US, they are increasingly focusing on convenient options such as breakfast drinks. However, could those preparing to compete in this burgeoning sub-sector be embarking on a rocky road? Katy Askew argues breakfast drinks do not necessarily represent a silver bullet as the industry looks to provide the US breakfast category with a much needed shot in the arm.
Welch's has rejected allegations its fruit-based products, including juices, fail to justify the health claims on their labelling.
French dairy and bottled water group Danone has warned that its profits will be hit by weaker margins during fiscal 2012.
Swiss food and beverage giant Nestle has expanded its Chinese footprint with the acquisition of a 60% stake in local food and drinks maker Yinlu Foods. The deal will widen Nestle's product offering in the market, grow distribution and significantly expand the group's Chinese sales. However, the acquisition's greatest upside is perhaps the local know-how that Nestle will gain by working with an experienced and trusted Chinese partner. Katy Humphries reports.
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014