just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Katy Askew
Kraft Foods, the producer and distributor of soft drink pouch range Capri Sun in North America, is to merge with fellow food giant Heinz.
PepsiCo is to invest US$500m in Egypt this year to expand production in the country, according to reports.
Tingyi (Cayman Islands) Holding Corp has promoted James Wei to the role of group CEO.
The UK units of 15 food and drinks companies - including PepsiCo and the Coca-Cola Co - are to fund government-backed diet research in the country.
PepsiCo has written directly to Trian Partners, rejecting the fund management company's latest demand to split the firm's beverage and snack divisions into two companies.
As manufacturers look to revitalise a lacklustre cereal category and win back the growing number of "breakfast skippers" in the US, they are increasingly focusing on convenient options such as breakfast drinks. However, could those preparing to compete in this burgeoning sub-sector be embarking on a rocky road? Katy Askew argues breakfast drinks do not necessarily represent a silver bullet as the industry looks to provide the US breakfast category with a much needed shot in the arm.
Welch's has rejected allegations its fruit-based products, including juices, fail to justify the health claims on their labelling.
French dairy and bottled water group Danone has warned that its profits will be hit by weaker margins during fiscal 2012.
Swiss food and beverage giant Nestle has expanded its Chinese footprint with the acquisition of a 60% stake in local food and drinks maker Yinlu Foods. The deal will widen Nestle's product offering in the market, grow distribution and significantly expand the group's Chinese sales. However, the acquisition's greatest upside is perhaps the local know-how that Nestle will gain by working with an experienced and trusted Chinese partner. Katy Humphries reports.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research