just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Jerom Rozendaal
Vodka producer Nemiroff has been forced to cease production in its home market of Ukraine, as the company's shareholders continue to do battle.
Russian brewer Ochakovo has teamed up with Kaiser Brauerei to start beer production in Germany.
Russia's Government will increase a defacto minimum price on vodka by around 70% over the next two years, as part of a duty tax escalator on alcoholic drinks.
Nemiroff has resumed production after a majority of its own shareholders blocked operations at its distillery due to an ownership dispute.
The sale of Nemiroff appears to have reached an impasse after the company's two leading shareholders said that they have withdrawn from talks to offload the vodka business.
Nestle has filed a lawsuit against the Russian company Elitvoda Ru, accusing it of illegally importing Nestle products into Russia.
Ukrainian vodka producer Nemiroff has reported a 13.6% rise in net sales for 2010, but it declined to comment on the sale of its business.
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Coca-Cola Amatil names new CFO
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014