just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Jerom Rozendaal
Vodka producer Nemiroff has been forced to cease production in its home market of Ukraine, as the company's shareholders continue to do battle.
Russian brewer Ochakovo has teamed up with Kaiser Brauerei to start beer production in Germany.
Russia's Government will increase a defacto minimum price on vodka by around 70% over the next two years, as part of a duty tax escalator on alcoholic drinks.
Nemiroff has resumed production after a majority of its own shareholders blocked operations at its distillery due to an ownership dispute.
The sale of Nemiroff appears to have reached an impasse after the company's two leading shareholders said that they have withdrawn from talks to offload the vodka business.
Nestle has filed a lawsuit against the Russian company Elitvoda Ru, accusing it of illegally importing Nestle products into Russia.
Ukrainian vodka producer Nemiroff has reported a 13.6% rise in net sales for 2010, but it declined to comment on the sale of its business.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends