just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Jerom Rozendaal
Vodka producer Nemiroff has been forced to cease production in its home market of Ukraine, as the company's shareholders continue to do battle.
Russian brewer Ochakovo has teamed up with Kaiser Brauerei to start beer production in Germany.
Russia's Government will increase a defacto minimum price on vodka by around 70% over the next two years, as part of a duty tax escalator on alcoholic drinks.
Nemiroff has resumed production after a majority of its own shareholders blocked operations at its distillery due to an ownership dispute.
The sale of Nemiroff appears to have reached an impasse after the company's two leading shareholders said that they have withdrawn from talks to offload the vodka business.
Nestle has filed a lawsuit against the Russian company Elitvoda Ru, accusing it of illegally importing Nestle products into Russia.
Ukrainian vodka producer Nemiroff has reported a 13.6% rise in net sales for 2010, but it declined to comment on the sale of its business.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk