just-drinks authors and correspondents
just-drinks' deputy editor began his journalism journey in 2003, cutting his teeth on a local newspaper in his native Essex. From here, he joined leading UK pub trade title The Publican, where he spent six happy years breaking exclusives, as well as winning a Britvic Business Journalist of the Year award and interviewing David Cameron, Nick Clegg and... Spandau Ballet's Tony Hadley (he owns a brewery).
After a year of freelancing covering the food and drink sector, James joined the good ship just-drinks in March 2012.
If he's not working or drinking, you'll usually spot him running.
Articles by James Wilmore
Sam Calagione, founder of Dogfish Head Brewery, is one of the figureheads of the US craft beer scene. The Delaware-based firm's tagline is "Off-centred ales for off-centred people". Here Calagione, also a TV star, explains Dogfish's future plans, his attitude to the big brewers and why US craft brewery closures are inevitable.
The head of Dogfish Head Brewery has admitted that the closure rate among US craft breweries is likely to increase, but criticised big brewers for marketing their brands as craft.
Five years ago this month, Constellation Brands spoke publicly about its plans for its Australian wine business.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed that it is making an unspecified number of redundancies in its US business as it looks to improve “competitiveness”.
Diageo has unveiled a new global ad campaign for Baileys brand aiming to “reignite” the brand and attract 'Millennial' women.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has appointed a new director to its board and declared its latest dividend.
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) has confirmed to just-drinks that it will not be exhibiting at next year's London Wine Fair (LWF).
The head of Treasury Wine Estates has indicated the company could sell off some of its wineries and bottling plants as its looks to return to profit.
The Chinese edition of the ProWine exhibition saw an 8% lift in visitors this year, while exhibitor numbers grew by 10%, organisers have said.
Pub-owning companies in the UK have warned of a higher rate of pub closures after MPs in the country voted for legislation that will effectively end the so-called 'beer tie'.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018