just-drinks authors and correspondents
just-drinks' deputy editor began his journalism journey in 2003, cutting his teeth on a local newspaper in his native Essex. From here, he joined leading UK pub trade title The Publican, where he spent six happy years breaking exclusives, as well as winning a Britvic Business Journalist of the Year award and interviewing David Cameron, Nick Clegg and... Spandau Ballet's Tony Hadley (he owns a brewery).
After a year of freelancing covering the food and drink sector, James joined the good ship just-drinks in March 2012.
If he's not working or drinking, you'll usually spot him running.
Articles by James Wilmore
SodaStream International is to shift its focus away from soda towards the growing sparkling water market to counteract its struggles in the US, the group's head has revealed.
Brewers in the UK are relaunching the 'Let There Be Beer' campaign under a fresh banner, including a new TV ad as part of a GBP10m (US$16m) spend.
SodaStream International has confirmed it is shutting two of its facilities – including its controversial site in the West Bank - as it targets efficiencies.
Trade body Wines of South Africa has opened a new satellite office in Hong Kong to help producers target key Asian markets.
Diageo has announced plans to reinstate its Pimm's variant 'No. 6 Vodka Cup' in the UK after public complaints over its delisting.
Spirit Pub Co's board has agreed to give Greene King an extension until next Tuesday to make a firm offer for the company.
Anheuser-Busch InBev will report its third-quarter and year-to-date results on Friday. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's activities in the Q3 period:
The CEO of C&C Group has admitted the company is “puzzled” by the speed at which Spirit Pub Co rejected its takeover approach, but would not be drawn on whether this marks the end of the matter.
SodaStream International has launched a new “growth plan” after today reporting that its nine-month profits have halved year-on-year.
Cott Corp has seen its net losses widen in its year-to-date, but the company has said its global volumes are continuing to stabilise.
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review