just-drinks authors and correspondents
just-drinks' deputy editor began his journalism journey in 2003, cutting his teeth on a local newspaper in his native Essex. From here, he joined leading UK pub trade title The Publican, where he spent six happy years breaking exclusives, as well as winning a Britvic Business Journalist of the Year award and interviewing David Cameron, Nick Clegg and... Spandau Ballet's Tony Hadley (he owns a brewery).
After a year of freelancing covering the food and drink sector, James joined the good ship just-drinks in March 2012.
If he's not working or drinking, you'll usually spot him running.
Articles by James Wilmore
In the second part of just-drinks' interview with Beam Suntory's Europe, Middle East & Africa head, Albert Baladi talks about the company's gin presence, the Africa opportunity and the Travel Retail landscape.
The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) is to start a search for a new CEO as the current incumbent is stepping down at the end of this year.
Diageo is putting its weight behind the Tequila category after revealing plans to invest around US$400m in its Mexico operations and Don Julio brand.
Mast-Jägermeister is launching a new multi-media campaign in a bid to showcase its namesake liqueur brand's heritage and “premium” ingredients to US consumers.
Anheuser-Busch is marking the return of the Lemon Shandy seasonal variant of its Shock Top brand in the US with a new promotional campaign.
Beam Suntory is boosting its partnership with SPI Group-owned Amber Beverage Group (ABG) in the Baltic states.
A new campaign has been launched aimed at bringing more wine bottling back to South Africa in the face of accelerating bulk exports.
The CEO of Treasury Wine Estates has admitted there is still a “lot of work” for the group to do in the US, despite seeing healthy growth for its higher-end brands.
UK pub operator Punch Taverns has appointed a new chief executive following a financial restructure.
Formed just under a year ago, Beam Suntory is a “global whisk(e)y powerhouse,” in the words of Albert Baladi, the unit's Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) head. But, how have things progressed since Suntory's $16bn takeover of Beam Inc? What brands and regions are shining bright and where are the emerging opportunities? Here, just-drinks catches up with Baladi for his take on the present and the future for Beam Suntory.
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research