just-drinks authors and correspondents
just-drinks' deputy editor began his journalism journey in 2003, cutting his teeth on a local newspaper in his native Essex. From here, he joined leading UK pub trade title The Publican, where he spent six happy years breaking exclusives, as well as winning a Britvic Business Journalist of the Year award and interviewing David Cameron, Nick Clegg and... Spandau Ballet's Tony Hadley (he owns a brewery).
After a year of freelancing covering the food and drink sector, James joined the good ship just-drinks in March 2012.
If he's not working or drinking, you'll usually spot him running.
Articles by James Wilmore
Anheuser-Busch InBev is poised to propose a new chairman at its AGM next month.
PepsiCo's CEO, Indra Nooyi, saw her total compensation reach US$22.5m last year, helped by a new performance scheme.
Greek brewer Macedonian Thrace has raised concerns over the future of the country's beer market after the recent merger of Carlsberg-owned Mythos Brewery and Olympic Brewery.
William Grant & Sons is upping the UK exposure for Grant's Signature through a new GBP1.2m (US$1.8m) sponsorship deal with Sky Sports.
Diageo expects to see “intense price competition” continue in Ethiopia as new products emerge, but is “optimistic” for its future in the country, according to its Africa unit president.
UK drinks trade groups have hit back at doubts raised over the industry's successful bid to cut 1bn units from alcoholic products in the country.
Westons Cider is launching three new lower-strength seasonal variants of its Old Rosie brand to capitalise on continuing growth in the UK's flavoured cider market.
Stowford Press is to remain the official cider of England cricket for the next two years after brand owner Westons agreed a new deal.
The head of Pernod Ricard's 'Our/Vodka' division has claimed that craft is an “abused” term in the spirits industry and causes confusion among consumers.
Kopparberg has rolled out its Fagerhult beer brand to the UK.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets