just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by James Wilmore
Casella Family Brands hit the acquisition trail late last year when it snapped up Barossa Valley producer Peter Lehmann Wines for AUD57m (US$49.8m). Here, just-drinks talks to the Australian firm's global marketing & export sales manager, Libby Nutt, about the plans ahead for the brand and Casella's star performer Yellow Tail.
As a former professional cricketer, Nick Pringle is well-aware of the power the game's biggest names wield over the public. That's why Accolade Wines has recruited the services of Glenn McGrath to promote its Hardys brand in India. Earlier this week, Pringle, who is now the company's commercial director for the Indian subcontinent, Africa, the Middle East, South & Central America, and Southern Europe, talks to just-drinks about the McGrath tie-up, as well as Accolade's market challenges elsewhere.
Camden Town Brewery has agreed to sell a 20% stake to a small group of private investors for around GBP10m (US$14.6m).
UK drinks retailer Majestic Wine has agreed a deal to acquire online rival Naked Wines in a deal worth GBP70m (US$103.7m).
Beam Suntory has launched a version of its Alberta Rye Dark Horse Canadian whisky in the US.
Bacardi is moving ahead with plans to lay off around 10% of its staff in North America.
Carlsberg has said it expects its beer tap billboard initiative in the UK to be a “one-off”, despite hailing the activity as a success.
Camus Wines and Spirits has agreed a deal for Laubade et Domaines Associés (LEDA) to distribute some of its “premium” Cognac brands in France.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has launched a new, unbranded digital campaign in the US aimed at promoting the beer category.
Remy Cointreau is handing distribution of its portfolio in Canada to Glazer's.
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends