just-drinks authors and correspondents
just-drinks' deputy editor began his journalism journey in 2003, cutting his teeth on a local newspaper in his native Essex. From here, he joined leading UK pub trade title The Publican, where he spent six happy years breaking exclusives, as well as winning a Britvic Business Journalist of the Year award and interviewing David Cameron, Nick Clegg and... Spandau Ballet's Tony Hadley (he owns a brewery).
After a year of freelancing covering the food and drink sector, James joined the good ship just-drinks in March 2012.
If he's not working or drinking, you'll usually spot him running.
Articles by James Wilmore
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces by just-drinks' editor, Olly Wehring, in 2014.
United Spirits is again asking shareholders to vote on plans to allow it to produce and sell the spirits brands of parent Diageo in India.
Gruppo Campari has confirmed that the head of its US division has left the company.
Mahou San Miguel, the Spanish brewer, is capitalising on the growth of the US craft brewing market by taking a 30% stake in Founders.
Diageo has claimed victory in a legal battle with Mexcor over its Crown Royal Canadian whisky brand.
Bebida Beverage Co (BeBevCo) is to push ahead with a stock restructure to boost its chances of making acquisitions.
Jackson Family Wines (JFW) has acquired a property in South Africa's Stellenbosch region, its first foray into the country.
The Coca-Cola Co has agreed to be one of the official sponsors of next year's Rugby World Cup, continuing a 20-year presence at the tournament.
Molson Coors has renewed a supply deal with Newcastle United FC in the UK.
Diageo has revealed more plans for the global roll-out and promotion of its updated range of Mortlach single malt whiskies, including a major focus on China.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- SWA eyes London boost with new office
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018