just-drinks authors and correspondents
just-drinks' deputy editor began his journalism journey in 2003, cutting his teeth on a local newspaper in his native Essex. From here, he joined leading UK pub trade title The Publican, where he spent six happy years breaking exclusives, as well as winning a Britvic Business Journalist of the Year award and interviewing David Cameron, Nick Clegg and... Spandau Ballet's Tony Hadley (he owns a brewery).
After a year of freelancing covering the food and drink sector, James joined the good ship just-drinks in March 2012.
If he's not working or drinking, you'll usually spot him running.
Articles by James Wilmore
Five years ago this month, Constellation Brands spoke publicly about its plans for its Australian wine business.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed that it is making an unspecified number of redundancies in its US business as it looks to improve “competitiveness”.
Diageo has unveiled a new global ad campaign for Baileys brand aiming to “reignite” the brand and attract 'Millennial' women.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has appointed a new director to its board and declared its latest dividend.
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) has confirmed to just-drinks that it will not be exhibiting at next year's London Wine Fair (LWF).
The head of Treasury Wine Estates has indicated the company could sell off some of its wineries and bottling plants as its looks to return to profit.
The Chinese edition of the ProWine exhibition saw an 8% lift in visitors this year, while exhibitor numbers grew by 10%, organisers have said.
Pub-owning companies in the UK have warned of a higher rate of pub closures after MPs in the country voted for legislation that will effectively end the so-called 'beer tie'.
London Wine Fair (LWF) organisers have said 83% of exhibitors that attended this year have already confirmed they will return to the event in 2015, but Treasury Wine Estates and Accolade Wines have yet to confirm their attendance.
Yesterday it emerged that China is to drop duty on imports of Australian wine after the two countries signed a new free trade agreement. Here is a quick breakdown of how Australian wine fares in China:
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Beam Suntory appoints chief HR officer
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research