just-drinks authors and correspondents
just-drinks' deputy editor began his journalism journey in 2003, cutting his teeth on a local newspaper in his native Essex. From here, he joined leading UK pub trade title The Publican, where he spent six happy years breaking exclusives, as well as winning a Britvic Business Journalist of the Year award and interviewing David Cameron, Nick Clegg and... Spandau Ballet's Tony Hadley (he owns a brewery).
After a year of freelancing covering the food and drink sector, James joined the good ship just-drinks in March 2012.
If he's not working or drinking, you'll usually spot him running.
Articles by James Wilmore
Last week, just-drinks was given a tour of Havana Club's San José distillery as part of a five-day trip as guests of the company. Here, Sergio Valdez, Havana Club's export manager, provides the commentary:
The Coca-Cola Co has been forced to apologise over an advert for its Fanta brand in Germany and has denied the brand has any links to Hitler or the Nazi Party.
Nichols has seen a slight rise in full-year net sales helped by the performance of its Vimto brand in the Middle East.
Anheuser-Busch has branded a bill that would force the company to sell its two distributors in the US state of Kentucky as a “full-scale attack on a good corporate citizen”.
Craft Brew Alliance (CBA) has posted a return to healthy full-year profits growth, helped partly by cutting its number of SKUs by a quarter.
Molson Coors is rebooting its UK on-trade wholesale business with a new identity in a bid to become the market leader.
In the second part of just-drinks' interview with Beam Suntory's Europe, Middle East & Africa head, Albert Baladi talks about the company's gin presence, the Africa opportunity and the Travel Retail landscape.
The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) is to start a search for a new CEO as the current incumbent is stepping down at the end of this year.
Diageo is putting its weight behind the Tequila category after revealing plans to invest around US$400m in its Mexico operations and Don Julio brand.
Mast-Jägermeister is launching a new multi-media campaign in a bid to showcase its namesake liqueur brand's heritage and “premium” ingredients to US consumers.
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future