just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Euromonitor International
South Korean consumers are not engaging with energy drinks at the same level as the country's neighbours in South-East Asia.
The cider/perry market has witnessed phenomenal developments in the last ten years, making it the World's fastest-growing alcoholic drinks category, in volume terms.
Africa is the final frontier for beer, according to Euromonitor International’s latest global briefing 'Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer'.
Low-calorie variants are under-performing their standard formulation counterparts in soft drinks. But, what are the trends driving the migration away from low-calorie carbonates and towards other beverage options?
Global beer market volume sales in 2014 were forecast to grow by 2%, according to Euromonitor International, primarily driven by the top five global brewers, which account for 48% of global sales.
The second part of January's management briefing, which previews the year ahead for the global drinks industry, is itself a two-parter. Here, Spiros Malandrakis, senior alcoholic drinks analyst at Euromonitor International considers the four key trends facing the beer category.
Fresh geopolitical, macroeconomic and legislative headwinds are hitting emerging markets once hailed as the engine securing the global alcoholic drinks industry’s relative resilience. At the same time, western markets are battling lingering maturity while going through a transformational stage in terms of shifting drinking patterns, innovation initiatives and opportunities presented by the millennial generation coming of age. Euromonitor's senior alcoholic drinks analyst, Spiros Malandrakis, deconstructs the industry’s key regional narratives, highlighting key learning’s from across the globe.
New product developments are evolving and gaining prominence in an era of fierce competition for share of throat and wallet, against the backdrop of a rapidly depleting acquisition pool. Identifying the key themes driving innovation, realising their cross-category relevance and moving beyond trade taboos and stereotypes is essential for securing success as the ripple effects of the recession and fresh emerging-market volatility are transforming drinking habits and rituals.
SABMiller's bid for Heineken earlier this month has reignited the possibility for major consolidations in the global beer market, which hasn't seen much movement in that direction in recent years.
The rum category has had a torrid time in Chile over the past three years, with volumes plunging and international brands exiting.
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research