just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Euromonitor International
New product developments are evolving and gaining prominence in an era of fierce competition for share of throat and wallet, against the backdrop of a rapidly depleting acquisition pool. Identifying the key themes driving innovation, realising their cross-category relevance and moving beyond trade taboos and stereotypes is essential for securing success as the ripple effects of the recession and fresh emerging-market volatility are transforming drinking habits and rituals.
SABMiller's bid for Heineken earlier this month has reignited the possibility for major consolidations in the global beer market, which hasn't seen much movement in that direction in recent years.
The rum category has had a torrid time in Chile over the past three years, with volumes plunging and international brands exiting.
Last year, the Middle East and Africa (MENA) accounted for just 8% of total juice volumes. Yet, this unremarkable position in the global juice category belies a very strong regional growth story, with high single-digit growth in the region’s most important national markets.
In a recently-published global briefing 'Diageo in Spirits', Euromonitor International’s senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington takes a look at what are the challenges facing Diageo in spirits as the new CEO Ivan Menezes takes charge.
The white spirits category is merely an arbitrary pooling together of subsectors sharing some commonalities and more than a few major differences on the basis of the drinks’ primary colours. Euromonitor International’s latest global report ‘White Spirits: Grey Prospects and Golden Opportunities’ offers insights on this most ubiquitous of major alcoholic drinks segments. Senior analyst Spiros Malandrakis provides a brief glimpse of some of the key findings.
The final part of Euromonitor's preview of the year ahead for the global drinks industry sees senior alcoholic drinks analysts Spiros Malandrakis and Jeremy Cunnington turn the spotlight on the wine category.
In the fourth part of Euromonitor's preview of 2013, alcoholic drinks analysts Spiros Malandrakis and Zsuzsa Szilagyi consider what the future holds for the world's brewers.
In this, the third part of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead, senior alcoholic drinks analysts Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis turn their attention to the global spirits category. What trends can we expect to see in 2013?
In the second part of Euromonitor's preview of the drinks industry in 2013, head of beverages and consumer foodservice research, Michael Schaefer, turns his gaze to the bottled water category.
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Spirit Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts