just-drinks authors and correspondents
Chris Losh has been writing about drinks for 15 years and still doesn’t wear a tweed jacket.
He has edited Wine and Spirit International and Wine Magazine. He has written columns for just-drinks for ten years and is never short of opinions, some of which may even not be completely wrong.
Columns by Chris Losh
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Articles by Chris Losh
This month, Chris Losh not only welcomes a spate of M&A activity in the wine world, he positively bathes in it, with Treasury WIne Estates, PLB and Bibendum feeling the warmth of his spotlight.
As the alcoholic drinks industry emerges bruised and battered from media and health lobby attacks, Chris Losh offers three questions for us all to consider.
This month, Chris Losh turns his attention to Chile, a wine-producing nation that could be on the cusp of something big, provided it looks to the past to help model its future.
This month, Chris Losh sets his sights on wine lists and finds a world of unnecessary complexity. Does it have to be this way?
Chris Losh has had a rather unsavoury moment with a natural wine. Brace yourselves.
A self-confessed Luddite, Chris Losh has had his eyes opened this month to the future of transaction payment. Could the smartphone be the silver bullet for the wine industry?
In recent years, the wine producers from the Old World have struggled with weak harvests. The issue has provided a perfect opportunity for the New World to make hay. But, how successful have the likes of Argentina, Australia, Chile and New Zealand been? Chris Losh takes a look.
Ahead of next week's UK Budget, Chris Losh bemoans the fiscal pressures placed on the drinks industry. Could we not trumpet our good sides, he asks?
With recent claims that China has become the world’s biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies in the country.
Here, for your delectation, is part two of Chris Losh's predictions for the wine world in 2014. Part one can be found here.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018