just-drinks authors and correspondents
Chris Losh has been writing about drinks for 15 years and still doesn’t wear a tweed jacket.
He has edited Wine and Spirit International and Wine Magazine. He has written columns for just-drinks for ten years and is never short of opinions, some of which may even not be completely wrong.
Columns by Chris Losh
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Articles by Chris Losh
Stubbornly high release prices from Bordeaux's chateaux in recent years have put huge pressure on merchants and negociants alike. Chris Losh asks, what's gone wrong with en primeur?
While the New World has made hay at the volume end of the global market, many of the Southern Hemisphere's wine producers find themselves at a crossroads, with efforts to encourage trading-up battling against consumers' perceptions. Chris Losh takes a look at the quandary facing the likes of Australia, Chile, New Zealand and South Africa.
Following Chris Losh's look at what he thinks will hit the wine industry in the first half of this year, our wine commentator returns with his forecasts for the latter six months of 2015.
As we brave the dawn of 2015, Chris Losh presents his annual look at what he expects will shape the wine landscape in the year ahead. Or not.
This month, Chris Losh not only welcomes a spate of M&A activity in the wine world, he positively bathes in it, with Treasury WIne Estates, PLB and Bibendum feeling the warmth of his spotlight.
As the alcoholic drinks industry emerges bruised and battered from media and health lobby attacks, Chris Losh offers three questions for us all to consider.
This month, Chris Losh turns his attention to Chile, a wine-producing nation that could be on the cusp of something big, provided it looks to the past to help model its future.
This month, Chris Losh sets his sights on wine lists and finds a world of unnecessary complexity. Does it have to be this way?
Chris Losh has had a rather unsavoury moment with a natural wine. Brace yourselves.
A self-confessed Luddite, Chris Losh has had his eyes opened this month to the future of transaction payment. Could the smartphone be the silver bullet for the wine industry?
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets