just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Arnold Kirkby
Distell has acquired a 60% share in privately-owned Chinese distribution company CJ Wines & Spirits.
KWV Holdings, which is facing major profitability challenges, will have to do so now without its CEO, Thys Loubser, who has resigned with immediate effect.
Distell has acquired a significant stake in UK-based distributor BrandPhoenix in a bid to further strengthen its presence in the UK.
KWV and distributor Arvid Nordquist have agreed a five-year extension of their pan-Nordic wine and spirits contract.
Distell has assigned five of its leading wine brands to Matthew Clark in the UK in order to extend its presence in the country's on-trade.
KWV and the Monarq group, which operates in the Caribbean and Latin America, have drawn up a strategic agreement to distribute KWV’s portfolio of wines and brandies in the region.
South Africa's Government has hiked excise duty on spirits, despite falling sales for several producers in the country.
KWV’s net profits have slumped by 80% for the first half of its fiscal year, following write-down charges and a drop in sales.
South African alcoholic drinks group Distell has overcome tough economic conditions, locally and abroad, to increase sales and profits in its fiscal half-year.
The biggest shareholder in South African drinks group KWV, Zeder Investments, has sold the majority of its stake following last week's failed buyout of KWV by Pioneer Foods.
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch