just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Arnold Kirkby
Distell has acquired a 60% share in privately-owned Chinese distribution company CJ Wines & Spirits.
KWV Holdings, which is facing major profitability challenges, will have to do so now without its CEO, Thys Loubser, who has resigned with immediate effect.
Distell has acquired a significant stake in UK-based distributor BrandPhoenix in a bid to further strengthen its presence in the UK.
KWV and distributor Arvid Nordquist have agreed a five-year extension of their pan-Nordic wine and spirits contract.
Distell has assigned five of its leading wine brands to Matthew Clark in the UK in order to extend its presence in the country's on-trade.
KWV and the Monarq group, which operates in the Caribbean and Latin America, have drawn up a strategic agreement to distribute KWV’s portfolio of wines and brandies in the region.
South Africa's Government has hiked excise duty on spirits, despite falling sales for several producers in the country.
KWV’s net profits have slumped by 80% for the first half of its fiscal year, following write-down charges and a drop in sales.
South African alcoholic drinks group Distell has overcome tough economic conditions, locally and abroad, to increase sales and profits in its fiscal half-year.
The biggest shareholder in South African drinks group KWV, Zeder Investments, has sold the majority of its stake following last week's failed buyout of KWV by Pioneer Foods.
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018