just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
As The Coca-Cola Co struggles against profit falls and investor insurrection, there has been talk that the company is in need of a “reset”. CEO Muhtar Kent hinted at this last month, when he acknowledged the “new normal” in his firm's trading environment. There were also signs of a new direction for Coca-Cola when it unveiled a new dairy launch in the US, Fairlife milk.
SHE Drinks has lined up a new limited-edition flavour for it's WKD RTD range.
Diageo has launched a new gin that uses Japanese botanicals with the addition of sake.
Spanish orange grower Naranjas Che has launched an organic alcoholic wine made from oranges.
SABMiller's CEO has said the company will continue to operate soft drinks separate to beer, despite its new tie-up with The Coca-Cola Co.
Hayman Distillers has relaunched its cask-aged 1850 gin under a new name as it tries to distance itself from recent trends in the aged-gin category.
Remy Cointreau has slowed falling profits in its fiscal first half, but has warned that Cognac trends in China continue to damage performance.
Finland's Altia Corp is to launch its Koskenkorva vodka brand in Russia ahead of the holiday season.
Wine Australia has appointed Tesco's wine development manger to lead its UK & Europe office.
Maison Sichel is to sell its core brand Sirius Red in the UK through Amazon.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018