just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
On Thursday (28 July), Diageo will report its full-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a look at how the group has fared in its fourth quarter, the three months to the end of June:
Constellation Brands is a firm favourite on Wall Street at the moment. The company's share price hasn't stopped rising since it took control of the Grupo Modelo brands from Anheuser-Busch InBev. Indeed, US$100 worth of stock bought in June 2012, when the deal was announced, is now worth just over $850.
Cognac in the US helped drive strong sales and profits growth for LVMH's wines & spirits unit, Moet Hennessy, in the first half of the year.
Moet Hennessy has renewed distribution contracts in five US markets with Charmer Sunbelt successor Breakthru Beverage Group.
Beam Suntory's Australian unit is to launch a ready-to-drink Jim Beam highball that had been initially developed for the Japanese market.
Declines in Dr Pepper Snapple Group's core CSD brands have failed to offset growth in the company's increasingly-diversified portfolio as first-half profits jumped.
The US craft beer industry has reached "maturation" but not "saturation" as high growth in the sector starts to slow, the country's Brewers Association has said.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has upped its offer for SABMiller to GBP79bn (US$103bn) after investor pressure forced it to sweeten its terms.
Diageo's head of Travel Retail, Doug Bagley, is to leave the company amid an overhaul of the unit.
California coffee company Peet's Coffee has launched a ready-to-drink range based on its cold brew offering.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends