just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Remy Cointreau will issue its full first-half results on Thursday (23 July). Last month, in a trading update, the group reported a near-6% fall in organic sales in the six months to the end of September, with the second quarter performing better than the first.
Boston Beer's Coney Island Brewing Company has launched two new flavours in its line of soda-inspired ales.
Small Town Brewery has launched a new alcoholic soft drink it hopes will emulate the success of Not Your Father's Root Beer.
Keurig Green Mountain has reduced the price of the Keurig Kold for its Canadian launch.
Hiro Sake is to launch in Italy next year, marking the Japanese spirit producer's first entry into Europe.
Heineken has said US cider can grow to 5% of the beer market despite a recent slowdown.
Constellation Brands is to borrow US$400m to help finance its acquisition of Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits.
Heineken's namesake lager brand has returned to growth in the US for the first time in seven years, helped by a reboot of its lower-calorie version, the brewer's Americas president has said.
Heineken has unveiled plans for a new brewery in Brazil as its core beer brand continues to find growth in the South American country.
Heineken has said it has no plans to buy more craft brewers after acquiring a 50% stake in Lagunitas Brewing Co.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015