just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
The Wine Institute is to close its Hong Kong office and move Asia operations to China as it enacts a new strategy to divert diminishing funds into wine's emergent nations.
A new UK obesity strategy has shied away from mandatory sugar reduction targets for the food and drink industry, opting instead for a voluntary 20% cut by 2020.
Today, Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) said its full-year net profits more than doubled, with net sales jumping by 20%. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Australian-headquartered company's performance by region:
California's wine trade body, The Wine Institute, is to close its UK office after "severe cuts" to its government funding.
Constellation Brands' beer unit is to move into a new Chicago headquarters as rampant success sees it outgrow its home of 30 years.
Dutch distillery Toorank has targeted a 2018 launch in Asia as it expands its global footprint following a management shake-up.
Duvel Moortgat's US unit has appointed Jeff Krum as its new president, replacing Simon Thorpe.
Men vastly outnumber women when it comes to drinking craft beer in the US, with a majority of females believing that the category does not cater to them, a survey has shown.
TBG & Co has rolled out the latest expression of The Glover Scotch whiskey, a blend of whisky from Scottish distilleries and Hanyu whisky from Japan.
Coca-Cola Icecek has hailed a "better-than-planned" performance as first-half sales and volumes increased on strong domestic demand.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages