just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
If it's not one thing then it's another. Such is the way of the global drinks market.
Nichols is taking the Feel Good juice brand it bought in 2015 into the flavoured water category.
Pernod Ricard yesterday announced a 4% rise in organic sales in the nine months to the end of March. Here's a rundown of the top-line figures by region:
Diageo is to shed more than 100 jobs at its Scottish plants as it shifts some spirits production outside of the UK, a trade union has said.
Carlsberg has spent GBP15m (US$m) on its latest UK campaign as it tries to create "thumbstoppable" content for today's saturated digital market.
Strong growth in the US has helped drive solid nine-month sales for Pernod Ricard despite continued weakness for Absolut vodka.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to launch its own craft-style brewery in Miami this year.
Nichols has taken its Vimto brand into the flavoured water category with the launch of Vim2o.
The Coca-Cola Co is to include Coca-Cola Life in its US Share A Coke marketing campaign for the first time.
Edrington is moving its super-premium innovation unit to the US amid a number of executive changes at the Scotland-based spirits company.
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World