just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Today, the Brewers of Europe announced that its members, which include all of the leading European brewers, are to voluntarily list ingredients and nutrition for all its beers in Europe. Last week, Diageo said it would do the same with its global brands such as Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker.
Brewers including Anheuser-Busch InBev, SABMiller and Heineken are to offer calorie counts and ingredients for their beers in Europe.
SPI Group has said is "very disappointed" by a Dutch court's demand that it return its Stolichnaya rights to the Russian state and is reviewing the ruling.
Pernod Ricard's Asia head has said the unit is on track in China after a better-than-expected Chinese New Year saw Cognac volumes improve.
The team behind Swedish cider Rekorderlig has said it wants the brand's new Dry Apple variant to be the cider version of Peroni and Corona.
Molson Coors has bought contract brewer Thomas Hardy's brewing and kegging facilities at the UK's Burtonwood Brewery.
Beam Suntory has launched a cucumber-flavoured variant of its Pinnacle vodka brand for the US market.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has unveiled a new CFO as its management reshuffle, aimed at shoring up falling sales, continues.
E&J Gallo Winery is to buy Sonoma County's J Vineyards & Winery for an undisclosed fee.
For a company sometimes viewed as large and ponderous, Diageo last week did a good job of outmanoeuvring its rivals.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets