just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Britvic is to scrap its full-sugar Robinsons cordials and sell an expanded range of no-added sugar flavours as it attempts to revive the brand.
Volume sales for spirits in US control states continued to increase last year but the growth rate was down on the 15-year average, new figures reveal.
Tsingtao's UK distributor, Halewood International, has launched a new campaign for the Chinese beer brand based on the “Eight Immortals” from Chinese mythology.
Has Remy Cointreau bitten off more than it can chew?
Maxxium's UK managing director is to move to Edrington as the joint-venture terminates its Travel Retail unit.
Eight Scottish brewers including Innis & Gunn and Harviestoun have formed a new trade group to promote Scotland's beer industry.
Bebida Beverage Co has welcomed the removal of a ban on electronic trading of the company's stock.
Treasury Wine Estates' (TWE) Penfolds brand has joined Bacardi's Grey Goose as a sponsor of the Sundance Film Festival.
Remy Cointreau's CFO has said the company won't drop Cognac prices in China as it would damage “not only our image, but our DNA”.
Rémy Cointreau today reported a drop in first-half sales but trends looked to improve as there was stabilisation in Asia-Pacific. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by brand in the nine months to the end of December.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review