just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
On Wednesday, PepsiCo will release its results for the fourth quarter - and full year - of 2016. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the three months to the end of December:
There was a bit of sparkle around The Coca-Cola Co's full-year results release yesterday as it was the first since CEO Muhtar Kent announced he would be replaced this Spring by COO James Quincey.
The Coca-Cola Co's incoming CEO has said the soft drinks giant is winning the fight to resurrect sparkling soda as zero-calorie Cokes and smaller pack sizes boost CSD sales.
Swedish fruit cider company Kopparberg is targeting Champagne-style occasions with a sparkling cider packaged in a 75cl bottle.
The Coca-Cola Co has posted a drop in full-year sales and profits despite a strong performance in North America.
Today, The Coca-Cola Co reported full-year and Q4 results, with sales in 2016 falling by 5%. Here, just-drinks takes a look at how each region has performed for the soft drinks giant in the 12 months to the end of December.
Carlsberg is the "logical buyer" for Asahi's Tsingtao stake if the 20% interest goes on sale, an analyst has said.
Heineken has launched an interactive display case on a Nordic ferry that triggers brand-specific videos when consumers select a bottle.
A final-quarter decline for Sobieski vodka has dragged down Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits' full-year sales.
China's low-value beer volumes could drop further, Carlsberg CEO Cees 't Hart has told just-drinks.
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Treasury Wine Estates sees H1 sales, profits soar
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends