just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
The head of the Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has said a recent downturn in Scotch exports is over, with anecdotal evidence pointing to a return to growth.
Conecuh Ridge Distillery has launched a 55% abv version of its Clyde May's Alabama-style whiskey.
Delaware-based Dogfish Head Brewery has offloaded a 15% stake to private-equity firm LNK.
Pernod Ricard's Scotch whisky unit, Chivas Brothers, has launched its first peated-style Glenlivet since the 1980s.
Brown-Forman has declined to comment on a report it is looking to sell its struggling Southern Comfort brand along with other liqueurs in its portfolio.
Northern England whisky distiller Lakes Distillery has launched a sherry cask-finished expression of its The One whisky.
AG Barr has released a new Funkin cocktail syrup designed to make a range of sherbet cocktails.
Craft Brew Alliance is to expand distribution for Nantucket Island brewery Cisco Brewers after the two companies formed a new partnership.
The number of breweries in the US has surged past 4,000, just 15 months after crossing the 3,000 barrier.
Carlsberg's Russia woes are threatening to disrupt its UK brewery as staff angered over a pay freeze prepare to take industrial action.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research