just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
The CFO of Brown-Forman has offered hope to Russia's alcohol market, claiming that the company is "doing pretty well" in the challenging country.
Today, Brown-Forman posted its YTD and Q3 results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region and brand in the nine months to the end of January.
Brown-Forman has posted a steady increase in YTD sales and profits as the Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey portfolio continued to grow.
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire is set to go nation-wide in the US.
Diageo has officially opened a new US$119m bottling line at its Meta Abo brewery in Ethiopia.
On Sunday night, ex-footballer and modern-day whisky impresario David Beckham held a party in central London.
A central tenet of the Coca-Cola Co's forthcoming minority stake in Monster Beverage Corp is the certainty that the partnership will boost the energy drinks firm's international footprint.
Quintessential Brands has paid a “multi-million” euro sum for French fruit liqueur and Cognac maker Lafragette & Legier (L&L).
MillerCoors has unveiled two new flavours its Redd's ale range, via its Redd's Brewing Co division.
Phillips Distilling Co has added a new flavour to its UV Vodka range, Ruby Red Grapefruit.
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future