just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Baijiu has overtaken whisk(e)y to become the world's most valuable spirits segment, according to recently-released research.
The head of Coca-Cola European Partners has said he remains confident of a "solid" first quarter of 2017, despite a slip in volumes in January.
UK producer Elephant Gin has launched a navy-strength version of its namesake gin brand called Elephant Strength Gin.
The Cooper Spirits Co has released the first cask strength whiskey from its Hochstadter porfolio.
The Sidney Frank Importing Co has changed its name to Mast-Jägermeister US to reflect its takeover in 2015 by the German owners of the liqueur brand.
SodaStream International has launched products for the first time that are not exclusively designed for use in its home-carbonation platform.
Heineken has said proceeds from a new US$1.75bn fund-raising effort could go towards future acquisitions.
Molson Coors has defended its Carling sponsorship of Friday night English Premier League games, despite none having been played since the end of December.
Heineken has moved to defend its red star logo after reports Hungary's Government wants to ban the image.
DG Yuengling & Son has overhauled the packaging for its namesake lager brand for the first time in 30 years.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts