just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Maxxium's UK managing director is to move to Edrington as the joint-venture terminates its Travel Retail unit.
Has Remy Cointreau bitten off more than it can chew?
Eight Scottish brewers including Innis & Gunn and Harviestoun have formed a new trade group to promote Scotland's beer industry.
Bebida Beverage Co has welcomed the removal of a ban on electronic trading of the company's stock.
Treasury Wine Estates' (TWE) Penfolds brand has joined Bacardi's Grey Goose as a sponsor of the Sundance Film Festival.
Remy Cointreau's CFO has said the company won't drop Cognac prices in China as it would damage “not only our image, but our DNA”.
PepsiCo has unveiled two new flavours in its Mountain Dew energy range Kickstart.
Rémy Cointreau today reported a drop in first-half sales but trends looked to improve as there was stabilisation in Asia-Pacific. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by brand in the nine months to the end of December.
Remy Cointreau's sales continued to drop in its year-to-date but declines slowed and Q3 Cognac shipments to Greater China rose.
Consumers are faced with too many choices in the UK on-trade, an analyst has said after new research showed that eight out of ten people avoid new alcoholic drinks.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets