just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Last week, Heineken held its quarterly 'What's Brewing' seminar, a chance for analysts to hear the latest strategy from the brewer.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is holding an investors seminar in Guangzhou, China. Here's a low-down on the company's global footprint and its core brands.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said it will double global sales of Stella Artois as it looks to accelerate growth across its core portfolio.
Molson Coors' Cornwall brewery, Sharp's, has released a limited-edition amber ale.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to increase production of its Budweiser and Bud Light aluminium bottles with a US$170m upgrade at a US facility.
Britvic is continuing to cut sugar from its portfolio with the release of a sugar-free Tango Orange.
Gordon & MacPhail has launched a new Mortlach expression that was laid down just after the start of the Second World War.
Treasury Wine Estates' CEO, Michael Clarke, earned AUD3.23m (US$2.26m) for his first full year in the job, with future bonuses liable to add another million.
Heineken is looking to premiumise the global cider category by incorporating cider production within its existing breweries.
UK beer sales slipped in the past 12 months as the industry struggled against a football-free summer, new figures have shown.
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review