just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
An Italian supermarket chain has unveiled its store of the future, in which shelves are replaced with market-style tables and interactive touch screens.
Vietnamese brewer Saigon Beer Alcohol and Beverages Corp (Sabeco) is enjoying a stellar first week as a listed company, with shares already 37% up on their initial reference price.
Diageo is to pay a further GBP45m (US$57m) to victims of the thalidomide drug distributed by a former subsidiary.
The number of craft breweries in the US continues to rise, passing the 5,000 mark for the first time.
Mexico's Coca-Cola FEMSA has completed its BRL3.58bn (US$1.1bn) acquisition of privately-owned Brazilian bottler Vonpar.
Earlier today, Brown-Forman posted its first-half results for fiscal-2017. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region and brand in the six months to the end of October.
A new report has highlighted the importance of in-store marketing, claiming that one-fifth of US consumers with a particular alcohol purchase in mind end up buying something else.
The man who led Treasury Wine Estates' US integration of Diageo's wine assets is to leave the company.
C&C Group's Scottish sales and distribution unit, Tennent's, has launched a digital ordering app for its on-trade accounts.
Chicago-based "soda collective" Hop Pop Soda Co has launched a soft drink that is flavoured with hops.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends