just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Remy Cointreau has started the year with a surprise - the company's Q3 Cognac sales, announced yesterday, surpassed even the most optimistic of expectations.
Yesterday, Remy Cointreau posted a strong jump in YTD sales driven by impressive Cognac Q3 performances in China and the US. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's sales performance by brand and on a regional basis in the period.
Molson Coors has bought a stake in Spanish brewery Cervezas La Sagra.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's venture capital unit, ZX Ventures, has bought Spanish brewery Cervezas La Virgen.
Diageo has labelled 2017 the year of home-consumption in a new report that predicts a shake-up for socialising over the next 12 months.
The effects of India's recent demonetisation strategy will be felt for at least a year, according to a new analysis that paints a bleak picture of the fallout from the policy.
Strong Cognac sales in the third quarter have helped deliver an impressive year-to-date performance for Remy Cointreau.
Pernod Ricard has updated the bottle for its Beefeater 24 gin expression in an attempt to differentiate it from other Beefeater iterations.
A UK wine trade body has criticised an attempt to secure official protected geographical status for English sparkling wine under the name "British Fizz".
US plans to lower corporate tax could offset potential cost increases from a proposed border levy, an analyst has said.
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits