just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
William Grant & Sons has launched an Africa-exclusive TV ad for its Grant's blended Scotch whisky.
Last week, news spread of an impending Prosecco shortage. But beyond the sensationalist headlines, how likely is it that fans of the fast-growing sparkling wine will find themselves fighting over the last few bottles this Summer?
Tingyi's Q1 beverage profits have dropped by almost half as sales for PepsiCo's Chinese partner continue to slide.
Soft drinks producer Eckes-Granini Group has posted a sharp jump in full-year operating profits despite losing volumes and sales.
Suntory Holdings has agreed to pay JPY150bn (US$1.2bn) for Japan Tobacco's (JT) beverage business, including its coffee brand Roots and flavoured water Momono Tennen-sui.
Carlsberg has cut 180 jobs worldwide as it continues to readjust to heavy losses in Eastern Europe.
SPI Group's Amber Beverage Group (ABG) subsidiary has appointed Vlad Tensin to the newly-created role of international sales director.
Last week, analysts got a sneak preview of the Keurig Kold. It was a long-awaited chance to test-drive the home-carbonation platform that The Coca-Cola Co likes so much it invested at least US$1.25bn in maker Keurig Green Mountain.
Diageo has harnessed the star power of its link-up with upcoming Hollywood movie Entourage to launch a new responsible drinking ad.
Pernod Ricard has launched a Travel Retail-exclusive Rioja under its Campo Viejo wine brand.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review