just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
The UK alcoholic drinks industry has delivered on an alcohol-unit reduction pledge two years early, according to a new report.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated (CCBCC) has further increased its franchise territory in the US as part of its agreement with The Coca-Cola Co.
A new campaign from Wines of South Africa (WoSA) is hoping to educate US consumers on the quality and heritage of South African vineyards.
Polish food and beverage group Maspex is to buy two drinks brands from Agros Nova Group for an undisclosed sum.
Italian vineyard Ca di Rajo is to launch its Italian sparkling rose wine Epsilon into the US.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) is to roll out Coca-Cola Life across all of its European territories after a test launch.
In August, when the Coca-Cola Co announced it was to pay US$2.15bn for a 16.7% stake in Monster Beverage Co, there was a general consensus that both sides would benefit.
The Coca-Cola Co is to roll out a frozen carbonated version of Fanta across Europe in partnership with Slush Puppie.
The Coca-Cola Co has ended its 13-year sponsorship of US TV show American Idol.
Constellation Brands has completed its US$300m acquisition of Anheuser-Busch InBev's glass production plant in Mexico with new JV partner Owens-Illinois.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future