just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Samuel Johnson once said: "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." What does that say about Diageo, Anheuser-Busch InBev and The Coca-Cola Co?
The Coca-Cola Co has joined an increasingly crowded trend for patriotic packaging in the US with a salute to the country's military.
Diageo's Johnnie Walker Houses have reached Europe for the first time, with the company unveiling one of the premium retail outlets in Amsterdam's Schiphol airport.
Jagermeister UK's music manager has said acts are now less suspicious of corporate partnerships, opening up new marketing opportunities for spirits brands.
Beam Suntory has expanded the launch of Canadian Club 100% Rye to the US as it targets "significant" growth in the rye whisky category.
Small Town Brewery has launched a second extension to its successful Not Your Father's Root Beer brand.
The Coca-Cola Co has criticised UK plans for a sugar tax, saying reformulation is a better tool for fighting obesity.
A new US government study that shows soda consumption among young people falling dramatically over the past two years is a warning for the industry, an analyst has said.
Diageo has followed in Anheuser-Busch InBev's footsteps with the launch of the "patriotic" Smirnoff Red, White & Berry vodka in the US.
Bacardi has released two new flavours for its namesake rum brand.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends