just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
On Monday, Heineken will release its results for the first half of 2016. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the three months to the end of June:
"If you Brexit, you fix it," was the joke doing the rounds after the UK voted to leave the European Union. But is it too late to fix Anheuser-Busch InBev's takeover of SABMiller?
Constellation Brands has confirmed the departure of Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits' CEO and CCO less than eight months after buying the craft brewer for US$1bn.
Coca-Cola Femsa is to focus on diet CSDs in Venezuela amid a crippling sugar shortage in the country.
Diageo CEO Ivan Menezes has said he has no regrets over the sale of Bushmills, admitting that the company couldn't make the Irish whiskey grow in the US.
Diageo's CEO, Ivan Menezes, has said he wants to be in the vanguard of the growing non-alcoholic beverage market.
Diageo CEO Ivan Menezes has said Brexit will not affect Scotch exports, and instead is an opportunity to open up whisky to new markets.
Today, Diageo reported a lift in full-year underlying net sales. Here just-drinks takes a look at the figures for each of the group's regions:
Diageo's underlying sales returned to growth for the fiscal year but currency volatility continued to hamper top and bottom lines.
On Thursday (28 July), Diageo will report its full-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a look at how the group has fared in its fourth quarter, the three months to the end of June:
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends