The beverage business blog from Andy Morton
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Andy Morton.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of the artisanal producer. In other words, they are sick of the big boys moving into what they consider their hallowed turf...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, despite his company arguably being slightly less rich and powerful this year after some bruising quarters in the marketplace...
PepsiCo wakes up and smells the latte 20 Jan 16
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, slipped under the radar...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family of brands together - have the desired effect?..
As Anheuser-Busch InBev picks up yet another craft brewer ahead of the festive season, you have to wonder about its seemingly scattergun acquisitions strategy. Did the management team get one of those “Beers of the World” boxes at the office Christmas party?..
This week, consumers in Ontario were able to go into a supermarket and buy beer...
Does this picture, taken today, show a turning point in the history of Irish whiskey?..
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them...
Baileys and the "bellwether of naffness" 18 Nov 15
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the liqueur's recent past...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond movie, for example, has both Heineken and Moët Hennessy's Belvedere vodka on board...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research