The beverage business blog from Andy Morton
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Andy Morton.
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste...
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category...
Vimto's walk-on role in Ebola fight 9 Oct 14
Last week, the Daily Telegraph reported - in an article headlined “I'll fight off Ebola with bottles of Vimto” - that a Liberian self-proclaimed bishop was holding prayer sessions to ward off the deadly virus. In the stead of communion wine, the bishop is using Nichols' sparkling herb-based fruity pop...
Last week the UK's Office for National Statistics decided, for the first time, to include the money spent on illegal drugs in the country's national accounts. Intriguingly, it revealed that UK consumers spend more on heroin, cocaine, crack, cannabis, amphetamines and ecstasy than on beer...
It seems there's not much in the world that can make people smile these days. Luckily, we're part of an industry that has just been scientifically proven to do just that...
Despite accounting for just a small percentage of overall sales, craft beer is making an impression on the US...
The US state of Arkansas goes to the polls on 4 November to decide whether to end so-called “dry” counties, meaning ones that don't allow any alcohol sales. About half of the state's 75 counties are alcohol free, and the practice, which dates from Prohibition days, is still in force in a..
BrewDog leashed? Not yet 3 Sep 14
In the past year, BrewDog, the self-styled “punk” brewer, has picked fights with the Portman Group, mainstream lager and Vladimir Putin. But in an interview with the London Times on Monday, the brewer's co-founder James Watt suggested he was ready to rein in his company's wilder impulses...
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists...
The Coca-Cola Co's Keurig Cold machine won't be out until next year. But co-developer Keurig Green Mountain has given us a taste with the unveiling this weekend of another at-home beverage platform, the Keurig 2.0...
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review