The beverage business blog from Andy Morton
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Andy Morton.
The long-running spat between US and Czech brewers has stepped up a notch after the Czech president described American beer as “filthy water” this week...
PepsiCo caught in Amazon attack 21 Nov 14
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US...
A drink that makes you thin? 19 Nov 14
The Coca-Cola Co has spent a lot of money recently fighting accusations that soft drinks make you fat...
A new survey released today reveals that while 50% of UK workers would choose alcohol as a Christmas present from their employees, just 7% would opt for a charity donation sent on their behalf...
Historic Glenfiddich tastes so sweet 14 Nov 14
Last night, I was lucky enough to get a taste of history...
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste...
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category...
Vimto's walk-on role in Ebola fight 9 Oct 14
Last week, the Daily Telegraph reported - in an article headlined “I'll fight off Ebola with bottles of Vimto” - that a Liberian self-proclaimed bishop was holding prayer sessions to ward off the deadly virus. In the stead of communion wine, the bishop is using Nichols' sparkling herb-based fruity pop...
Last week the UK's Office for National Statistics decided, for the first time, to include the money spent on illegal drugs in the country's national accounts. Intriguingly, it revealed that UK consumers spend more on heroin, cocaine, crack, cannabis, amphetamines and ecstasy than on beer...
It seems there's not much in the world that can make people smile these days. Luckily, we're part of an industry that has just been scientifically proven to do just that...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review