Understanding the European Packaging Directive
As the result of an EC Directive,EC/94/62/C, members of the European Union are obliged to achieve certain percentages inthe recovering and recycling of packaging waste, with the collection of recycling data anadditional requirement. The Food and Beverages Sector, of whichmany companies are packers/fillers and often retailers (in the form of Drinks Dispensers)will bear a heavy recycling burden, at best 36 per cent, from 2001. In addition by 2000,wholesalers also have an obligation that will be equally difficult to fulfil.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL