Bottled water in Europe: There is something in the water
Mineral water is facing some serious problems. Natural resources running dry, pollution and fierce competition has forced many bottled water companies to rethink their products and branding, shifting towards the safer manufactured water market. Sarah Diston reports. Europe still leads the world market in bottled water with a 35% global market share and with an estimated total value of just over $13 billion in 1999, and even though sales still rely heavily on temperature Evian Volvic saw sales exceed all previous records in the UK in May, even though the Met office recorded the wettest May in the UK since 1983 - with 115mm of rainfall.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research