Bottled water in Europe: There is something in the water
Mineral water is facing some serious problems. Natural resources running dry, pollution and fierce competition has forced many bottled water companies to rethink their products and branding, shifting towards the safer manufactured water market. Sarah Diston reports. Europe still leads the world market in bottled water with a 35% global market share and with an estimated total value of just over $13 billion in 1999, and even though sales still rely heavily on temperature Evian Volvic saw sales exceed all previous records in the UK in May, even though the Met office recorded the wettest May in the UK since 1983 - with 115mm of rainfall.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018