just the Winners - International Wine & Spirit Competition 2013: The Trophy Winners
The International Wine & Spirit Competition has released its spirits winners for 2013
Earlier today (24 July), the International Wine & Spirit Competition released the list of full winners for spirits for 2013. Here is the list of trophy winners, and the nominees for spirits producer categories. These category winners will be announced at the annual awards banquet, which will be held in London on 13 November.
Fruit Spirit Trophy
- Bimmerle's Goldhauch Alter Mirabellenbrand 6 Jahre Gelagert
- Watanabe Sake Brewing Co's Ginjo Horai Dento Karakuchi 2011
- Beam Inc's El Tesoro Tequila Reposado
- Distell's Richelieu XO
Pomace Brandy Trophy
- Distilleria Marzadro's Grappa Le Diciotto Lune di Marzadro
- Beam Inc's Pinnacle Unflavored Vodka
- Adnams Copper House Distillery's Adnams Copper House Gin
Worldwide Brandy Trophy
- Asbach's Asbach Private Brand 8 Jahre Gerdeift
- Demerara Distillers' 8 Year Old El Dorado Rum
- Buffalo Trace Distillery's Eagle Rare Single Barrel Bourbon 10 YO Whiskey
- Rives Pitman's VVH Vodk Caramel Liquor
The Independence Trophy for Blended Scotch Whisky
- William Grant & Sons' William Grant 18 YO Scotch Whisky
Worldwide Whiskey Trophy
- Whisky King Car Food Industrial Co's Kavalan Solist ex-Bourbon Cask Strength Single Malt
Single Malt Scotch Whisky - No Age Stated Trophy
- The Glenmorangie Co's Glenmorangie Signet Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Single Malt Scotch Whisky - 15 Years & Under Trophy
- Ben Nevis Distillery (Fort William) Ltd's Ben Nevis Single Cask Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky 15YO
Single Malt Scotch Whisky - Over 15 Years Trophy
- William Grant & Sons' The Balvenie 40 YO Single Malt Speyside Scotch Whisky
Single Malt Scotch Whisky - Cask Strength Trophy
- William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich 40 YO Single Malt Speyside Scotch Whisky
- Hombo Shuzo Co's Arawaza Sakurajima 1 YO
Spirits Producer Shortlist
Portfolio awards will be assessed on overall performance in the competition. The winners from each will be put forward for the Distiller of the Year Trophy.
International Spirits Producer
- Beam Inc
- Chivas Brothers
- William Grant & Sons
African Spirits Producer
- Henry Tayler & Ries
Americas & the Caribbean Spirits Producer
- Demerara Distillers
- Sazerac Co
- Blanton Distilling Co
Asia Pacific Spirits Producer
- King Car Food Industrial Co
- Unkai Shuzo Co
- Hombo Shuzo Co
- Miyazaki Honten Brewery Co
European Spirits Producer
- Calvados Christian Drouin
- Chivas Brothers
- ABK6 - Cognac SNC du Maine Drilhon
- The Kilbeggan Distilling Co
- Gonzalez Byass
- Mackmyra Svensk Whisky
United Kingdom Spirits Producer
- The Glenmorangie Co
- Bunnhabhain Distillery
- John Dewar & Sons
- Quality Spirits International
For the rest of the IWSC spirit winners, click here.
For the full list of awards, including bronze and silver medal winners, click here.
We've all had a chance to sleep on the big news from Monday, so how do things look in the clarity of the morning?...
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
Colombia has shown an interesting development in the luxury industry, and the alcoholic drinks category has not been indifferent to the trend. Some examples of new premium lines that appeared in 2012 ...
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets