The state of e-commerce in the Alcohol Beverage Industry
Like most other industries, the AlcoholBeverage Industry (ABI) has adopted Electronic Commerce (EC) tools, such as ElectronicData Interchange (EDI), to best manage their day to day business process. EDI offers awealth of benefits: it cuts administrative expenses, decreases clerical errors, eliminatesthe burden of paperwork, enhances customer service, establishes closer links withsuppliers, and facilitates just-in time inventory systems. Also, it improves theprocessing of documents, increases productivity and profitability, provides faster andmore accurate information flow, and reduces business transaction cycle time and inventory.However, even with the implementation of EDI and today's technological advances in theglobal marketplace to automate business, the Industry is still confronted with twosignificant hurdles year 2000 (Y2K) compliance and item coding.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO