The state of e-commerce in the Alcohol Beverage Industry
Like most other industries, the AlcoholBeverage Industry (ABI) has adopted Electronic Commerce (EC) tools, such as ElectronicData Interchange (EDI), to best manage their day to day business process. EDI offers awealth of benefits: it cuts administrative expenses, decreases clerical errors, eliminatesthe burden of paperwork, enhances customer service, establishes closer links withsuppliers, and facilitates just-in time inventory systems. Also, it improves theprocessing of documents, increases productivity and profitability, provides faster andmore accurate information flow, and reduces business transaction cycle time and inventory.However, even with the implementation of EDI and today's technological advances in theglobal marketplace to automate business, the Industry is still confronted with twosignificant hurdles year 2000 (Y2K) compliance and item coding.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World