The state of e-commerce in the Alcohol Beverage Industry
Like most other industries, the AlcoholBeverage Industry (ABI) has adopted Electronic Commerce (EC) tools, such as ElectronicData Interchange (EDI), to best manage their day to day business process. EDI offers awealth of benefits: it cuts administrative expenses, decreases clerical errors, eliminatesthe burden of paperwork, enhances customer service, establishes closer links withsuppliers, and facilitates just-in time inventory systems. Also, it improves theprocessing of documents, increases productivity and profitability, provides faster andmore accurate information flow, and reduces business transaction cycle time and inventory.However, even with the implementation of EDI and today's technological advances in theglobal marketplace to automate business, the Industry is still confronted with twosignificant hurdles year 2000 (Y2K) compliance and item coding.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Leelex to open Portobello Road gin distillery
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends