UK pub trends: The death of the Irish theme bar?
Riverdance gave them life, but have the punters finally tired of all the blarney and craic surrounding the Irish theme pub? Kitty Johnson reports. The validity of the themed bar versus the traditional pub so dominates the marketing strategy of the UK's drink retailers at present, that it is even grabbing headlines in the national dailies. And, at the centre of the controversy lies the Irish theme bar - the original theme pub.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman