The Coca-Cola Co's Q4 performance by region - Focus
The Coca-Cola Co released its latest set of results earlier today
Earlier today, The Coca-Cola Co reported full-year and Q4 results, with sales in the last three months of 2015 falling by 8%. Here, just-drinks takes a look at how each region has performed for the soft drinks giant in the three months to the end of December.
- Eurasia and Africa - Volumes - Q4: +2%, FY: +3%. Reported sales - Q4: -11%, FY: -10%
In the quarter, CSD volumes came in flat due to a decline in Fanta. Still beverages grew volumes in the period, thank to double-digit increases for sports drinks, packaged water and RTD tea.
Both the Central, East & West Africa and Turkey, Caucasus & Central Asia business units delivered mid single-digit growth Q4 volumes, while Southern Africa was up by double digits. However, Middle East & North Africa saw volumes dip by mid single digits.
- Europe - Volumes - Q4: +3%, FY: +2%. Reported sales - Q4: -7%, FY: -7%
While volumes of the Coca-Cola brand stable rose in Europe by 3% in Q4, Fanta topped the pile, increasing volumes by 6%. Sprite, however, was down by 1%. The still beverage portfolio was boosted by packaged water and RTD tea (both +5%), sports drinks (+1%) and a double-digit volumes jump for the Innocent brand.
- Latin America - Volumes - Q4: +2%, FY: +1%. Reported sales - Q4: -18%, FY: -13%
CSD volumes in Latin America in Q4 were driven by Sprite (+4%) and both Coke and Coke Zero (both +1%). Fanta struggled, however, with volumes falling by 4%. In still beverages, juice and juice drinks and sports drinks were both up by double digits, with packaged water rising by 4%. RTD tea volumes were down by 4%.
Both the Mexico and Latin Centre units posted 6% volume increases, although Brazil fell by 5%.
- North America - Volumes - Q4: +3%, FY: +1%. Reported sales - Q4: -4%, FY: +2%
In North America, the group was impacted unfavourably by its refranchise efforts in the region, although expanded distribution of products from Monster Beverage Corp, in which Coca-Cola bought a 16.7% stake in June, benefited performance.
CSD volumes were boosted by Coke Zero, Sprite and Fanta, although Diet Coke struggled in the quarter. Still beverage volumes were driven by juice and juice drinks, RTD tea and packaged water.
- Asia Pacific - Volumes - Q4: +5%, FY: +4%. Reported sales - Q4: -15%, FY: -9%
The Asia Pacific region recorded a 5% lift in CSD volumes in Q4 thanks to the Coca-Cola range and Fanta increasing their volumes, each by 6%. Sprite was up by 3%. In the still beverage corner, packaged water and RTD tea were both up by double digits, with RTD coffee rising by 2%.
In market terms, volumes were up in China by 1%, in Japan by 3% and by double digits in India.
This report covers the global non-alcoholic drinks portfolio of Monster Beverage Corp, analysing the competitive positioning of its energy drinks range, its strength in new product innovation, the imp...
Humans have been drinking vinegar for centuries as the practice dates as far back as 400 B.C. when apple cider vinegar began to be used as a home health remedy. The recent resurgence of the use of ap...
Through its new partnership with The Coca-Cola Co, the combined expertise and financing capacity is expected to contribute to Aujan Industries Co Ltd continually introducing new flavours to meet the d...
The adoption rate of social media has dwarfed any other media before it. But the runaway success of social media presents profound challenges, and opportunities, for drinks manufacturers. The ability ...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts