Spotlight - Cognac at pains to avoid boom and bust
The Cognac market - or at least the VSOP-and-above part of it - is riding the crest of a wave and will be finding it increasingly difficult to meet demand. But having seen booms and busts before, Chris Losh writes, the Cognac industry is reluctant to expand its vineyard area, and will instead look to cool demand for younger Cognacs in order to allow more spirit to be aged for superior qualities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research