Spirits industry attempts to stamp authority
The threat of "stamp tax" has united the UK spirits industry behind frantic efforts to convince the government of its folly before the next budget in March. However, the Treasury is demanding something be done to combat rising levels of duty evasion. The onus is on the industry to come up with an alternative or be stamped. Olly Wehring spoke to the leading figures in the debate.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk