Skyy vodka makes US recovery for Gruppo Campari - just On Call
Campari hailed its Skyy vodka brand, which returned to growth in the US earlier this year
In full-year results for last year, released in March, the company said its overall US sales inched up by 0.9%, with the Skyy and Wild Turkey portfolios both suffering: The vodka and Bourbon brands were hit by "soft shipment performance" at the beginning of 2014.
However, in the first six months of this year, Skyy enjoyed organic sales growth of 4.6% in the US.
Speaking to analysts following the release of the company's H1 results today, Campari CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz said the 4.6% figure "incorporates not only the launch of BarCraft but also the launch of two new Infusions".
Kunze-Concewitz said: "Skyy is performing quite nicely and the vodka market has also improved lately. Skyy core has been growing in line with the market, whereas we have been over-performing on the Infusions side as well as with BarCraft."
The CEO also said the brand was "reacting quite nicely to the premiumisation of the packaging as well as the new campaign".
Globally, the Skyy brand enjoyed a 4.8% lift in sales in the half-year. The company said ths was driven by the "positive results of core brand achieved in almost all key brand-market combinations."
Davide Campari Milano SpA is part of Gruppo Campari, a large corporate group with an international presence. Gruppo Campari manufactures both alcoholic drinks and soft drinks....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global wine market during March....
Vodka is an alcoholic beverage that comprises water and ethanol and contains 35%-40% alcohol by volume....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign