Exclusive: Seagram's takeover signals end of drinks interests but Bronfman's future assured
Seagram's spirits and wine division will be sold if French media group Vivendi is successful in its takeover of the Canadian group, analysts said. Jeff Meys of ABN-Amro said: "Vivendi has no interest in the spirits business. As no details to the actual deal have been issued, we don't know if it is a full takeover or Seagram is looking at demerger. Either way, Vivendi don't want to end up with a drinks company."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range