Exclusive: Seagram's takeover signals end of drinks interests but Bronfman's future assured
Seagram's spirits and wine division will be sold if French media group Vivendi is successful in its takeover of the Canadian group, analysts said. Jeff Meys of ABN-Amro said: "Vivendi has no interest in the spirits business. As no details to the actual deal have been issued, we don't know if it is a full takeover or Seagram is looking at demerger. Either way, Vivendi don't want to end up with a drinks company."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head