Research - Sparkling wines look to emerge from Champagne’s shadow
There is no doubting that Champagne has a unique cachet among sparkling wines but non-Champagne sparklers have been growing well in recent years. According to a new report from just-drinks and IWSR, worsening economic conditions could foster further growth as consumers look for value, while cannier marketing offers the potential for sparkling wines to be seen as more than just a cheap alternative to Champagne. Ben Cooper reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat