Research in Focus - The New Consumer and the Alcoholic Drinks Industry
The fiscal maelstrom of the' Great Recession' has had a profound impact on the global socio-economic landscape. Sweeping across the world in 2008 and 2009 and causing havoc in countries as diverse as Latvia, the US, South Korea and South Africa, the sharpest contraction in world output since the Great Depression dramatically reshaped consumption trends, bringing about the arrival of a new norm. Temporary or permanent, radically fresh or an acceleration of pre-existing shifts in drinking, going out, socialising and spending patterns, such dramatic movements are but the post-natal convulsions following the birth of a new type of consumer. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing, Beyond the Crisis - The New Consumer and the Alcoholic Drinks Industry, is an attempt to identify and contextualise the shifts, decipher their implications and point to the direction the alcoholic drinks industry will take in response. Spiros Malandrakis, alcoholic drinks analyst with Euromonitor International, investigates.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends