Research in Focus - Back to the Future - Reassessing Projections in a Tumultuous World
As the fiscal and social maelstrom of the Great Recession started showing signs of abating, projections in October 2009 for the alcoholic drinks industry were relatively positive as most leading economies returned to growth. Nevertheless, and while a relative resurgence was indeed witnessed in a number of markets and categories, financial clouds are still ominously dotting the horizon in the form of spiralling country deficits, plummeting consumer confidence and unemployment rates stubbornly stuck in the high single digits. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing 'Alcoholic Drinks: Changing Growth Scenarios and Corporate Responses' hence serves as a compass in the still troubled international operating landscape, pinpointing opportunities and pitfalls amidst the post-recessionary clutter. Spiros Malandrakis investigates.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends