Research in Focus - Back to the Future - Reassessing Projections in a Tumultuous World
As the fiscal and social maelstrom of the Great Recession started showing signs of abating, projections in October 2009 for the alcoholic drinks industry were relatively positive as most leading economies returned to growth. Nevertheless, and while a relative resurgence was indeed witnessed in a number of markets and categories, financial clouds are still ominously dotting the horizon in the form of spiralling country deficits, plummeting consumer confidence and unemployment rates stubbornly stuck in the high single digits. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing 'Alcoholic Drinks: Changing Growth Scenarios and Corporate Responses' hence serves as a compass in the still troubled international operating landscape, pinpointing opportunities and pitfalls amidst the post-recessionary clutter. Spiros Malandrakis investigates.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends