Research in Focus - Back to the Future - Reassessing Projections in a Tumultuous World
As the fiscal and social maelstrom of the Great Recession started showing signs of abating, projections in October 2009 for the alcoholic drinks industry were relatively positive as most leading economies returned to growth. Nevertheless, and while a relative resurgence was indeed witnessed in a number of markets and categories, financial clouds are still ominously dotting the horizon in the form of spiralling country deficits, plummeting consumer confidence and unemployment rates stubbornly stuck in the high single digits. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing 'Alcoholic Drinks: Changing Growth Scenarios and Corporate Responses' hence serves as a compass in the still troubled international operating landscape, pinpointing opportunities and pitfalls amidst the post-recessionary clutter. Spiros Malandrakis investigates.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits