Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
Remy Cointreau will release full details of its Q2 and half-year performances later this week
Remy Cointreau will issue its full first-half results on Thursday (23 July). Last month, in a trading update, the group reported a near-6% fall in organic sales in the six months to the end of September, with the second quarter performing better than the first.
Here, just-drinks looks at the spirits producer's activities in the three months to the end of September:
- At the start of July, Remy Cointreau said it is to introduce an anti-counterfeiting bottle for its Remy Martin Cognac brand in nightclubs in China
- A few days later, its Scotch whisky unit, Bruichladdich, announced it is building six new maturation warehouses on Islay
- On 16 July, Remy acquired a 134-hectare plantation in Barbados for its Mount Gay rum brand
- In September, the company extended its Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal expression into Europe
In Remy's Q1, the three months to the end of June:
- Reported sales rose by 3.9%
- Organic sales were down 9%
- Asia Pacific and the Americas both posted sales declines, while Europe, and the Middle East & Africa were described as "healthy"
Remy Cointreau - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information....
Plimsoll Publishing’s Wine Producers (GLOBAL) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Wine Producers (GLOBAL) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 650 companies, ...
Remy Cointreau has launched a limited-edition Mount Gay rum to celebrate the 50th anniversary of independence for Barbados....
Plimsoll Publishing’s Wineries & Distillers (GLOBAL) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Wineries & Distillers (GLOBAL) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 1...
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- AB InBev launches Budweiser Uber tie-up in UK