GLOBAL: Positive signs in Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 figures - analyst
A-B InBev has a number of innovations for 2013
The brewer yesterday (27 February) reported an 8.8% rise in sales to $1.79bn in the last three months of 2012. Organic operating profits also rose by 10% in the period, but net profits took an 8.5% dip.
Analysts UBS noted that the rise in Q4 operating profits beat estimates and showed “impressive” price/mix growth in the US and Brazil. A-B InBev also gained market share in the US for the first time since 2009, UBS said, and has a “full innovation pipeline” for this year, including Budweiser Black Crown in the US.
On Brazil, analysts Bernstein said it expected the company to deliver 4% to 5% volume growth in the medium-term. However for 2013, the analysts forecast “subdued” volume growth due to a tax hike in April, Q1 weakness, the timing of Carnival and poor weather.
On the group’s US$20.1bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo, which A-B InBev has offered concessions on, UBS said: “We believe the new deal structure addresses the DoJ (Department of Justice) concerns, and expect completion in the next few months.”
MillerCoors' plans to launch a new, high-strength "golden" lager may not be surprising on one level, but the wider trend is puzzling....
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research