GLOBAL: Positive signs in Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 figures - analyst
A-B InBev has a number of innovations for 2013
The brewer yesterday (27 February) reported an 8.8% rise in sales to $1.79bn in the last three months of 2012. Organic operating profits also rose by 10% in the period, but net profits took an 8.5% dip.
Analysts UBS noted that the rise in Q4 operating profits beat estimates and showed “impressive” price/mix growth in the US and Brazil. A-B InBev also gained market share in the US for the first time since 2009, UBS said, and has a “full innovation pipeline” for this year, including Budweiser Black Crown in the US.
On Brazil, analysts Bernstein said it expected the company to deliver 4% to 5% volume growth in the medium-term. However for 2013, the analysts forecast “subdued” volume growth due to a tax hike in April, Q1 weakness, the timing of Carnival and poor weather.
On the group’s US$20.1bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo, which A-B InBev has offered concessions on, UBS said: “We believe the new deal structure addresses the DoJ (Department of Justice) concerns, and expect completion in the next few months.”
MillerCoors' plans to launch a new, high-strength "golden" lager may not be surprising on one level, but the wider trend is puzzling....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends