GLOBAL: Positive signs in Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 figures - analyst
A-B InBev has a number of innovations for 2013
The brewer yesterday (27 February) reported an 8.8% rise in sales to $1.79bn in the last three months of 2012. Organic operating profits also rose by 10% in the period, but net profits took an 8.5% dip.
Analysts UBS noted that the rise in Q4 operating profits beat estimates and showed “impressive” price/mix growth in the US and Brazil. A-B InBev also gained market share in the US for the first time since 2009, UBS said, and has a “full innovation pipeline” for this year, including Budweiser Black Crown in the US.
On Brazil, analysts Bernstein said it expected the company to deliver 4% to 5% volume growth in the medium-term. However for 2013, the analysts forecast “subdued” volume growth due to a tax hike in April, Q1 weakness, the timing of Carnival and poor weather.
On the group’s US$20.1bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo, which A-B InBev has offered concessions on, UBS said: “We believe the new deal structure addresses the DoJ (Department of Justice) concerns, and expect completion in the next few months.”
MillerCoors' plans to launch a new, high-strength "golden" lager may not be surprising on one level, but the wider trend is puzzling....
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets