GLOBAL: Positive signs in Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 figures - analyst
A-B InBev has a number of innovations for 2013
The brewer yesterday (27 February) reported an 8.8% rise in sales to $1.79bn in the last three months of 2012. Organic operating profits also rose by 10% in the period, but net profits took an 8.5% dip.
Analysts UBS noted that the rise in Q4 operating profits beat estimates and showed “impressive” price/mix growth in the US and Brazil. A-B InBev also gained market share in the US for the first time since 2009, UBS said, and has a “full innovation pipeline” for this year, including Budweiser Black Crown in the US.
On Brazil, analysts Bernstein said it expected the company to deliver 4% to 5% volume growth in the medium-term. However for 2013, the analysts forecast “subdued” volume growth due to a tax hike in April, Q1 weakness, the timing of Carnival and poor weather.
On the group’s US$20.1bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo, which A-B InBev has offered concessions on, UBS said: “We believe the new deal structure addresses the DoJ (Department of Justice) concerns, and expect completion in the next few months.”
MillerCoors' plans to launch a new, high-strength "golden" lager may not be surprising on one level, but the wider trend is puzzling....
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future