just On Call - CAGNY 2013: PepsiCo sweetener more "evolutionary than revolutionary" - CFO
PepsiCo has hinted at a sweetener development
PepsiCo's CFO has played down the potential effects of its closely guarded sweetener innovation.
During the Consumer Analyst Group of New York conference in Florida yesterday (21 February), Hugh Johnston said the sweetener could still create “significant value” for PepsiCo as the company seeks to revive the CSD category in North America. But he warned: “We see it as more evolutionary than revolutionary.”
Last week, PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi said that the company is developing new sweeteners and flavourings that could “alter the trajectory of the cola business”. No further information has been released and Johnston was unwilling to add more at the event.
PepsiCo's North American CSD category has struggled in recent years - PepsiCo Americas Beverages saw last year's Q4 CSD volumes decline by 1% year-on-year, while Nooyi last week noted the cola category’s decline in the region.
Johnston said yesterday that PepsiCo will continue to show patience with its beverage units. “We want to give it a bit more time, for the brand building we're doing and the strategies we've been employing around revenue management,” he said.
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd follows up on the reports that PepsiCo is planning to launch a premium brand into the burgeoning US bottled water market next year, in an attempt to accelera...
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report