US: PepsiCo puts portfolio at risk with new sweetener - analyst
PepsiCo announced the sweetener developments last week
PepsiCo's new sweetener innovation may damage the company's existing portfolio of low- and no-calorie beverages, an analyst has warned.
Wells Fargo said yesterday (21 February) that it remained “ cautious” over recently-announced sweetener developments as cannibalisation could outweigh gains. “We think many factors need to be considered including ultimate positioning of this sweetener,” the analyst said.
Wells Fargo said that while it was encouraged by PepsiCo's innovation focus, “time will tell” if it can revitalise PepsiCo's CSD category.
Wells Fargo's comments came after PepsiCo's presentation at the Consumer Analyst Group of New York conference yesterday during which PepsiCo CFO Hugh Johnston said the new sweetener, announced last week, will be “more evolutionary than revolutionary”.
Analyst CSLA said after the conference that PepsiCo will remain its top beverage pick for investors as the company's productivity drives and “new culture of savings” will continue to boost margins. PepsiCo doubled its productivity savings last year, CSLA said.
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd follows up on the reports that PepsiCo is planning to launch a premium brand into the burgeoning US bottled water market next year, in an attempt to accelera...
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review