Pepsi offers taste challenge to Coca-Cola bears
But, where everyone remembers the original cola bears looking wholesome, happy and cuddly, in this latest series of radio ads their hackles are up and fur is flying when they try and tear apart a Pepsi Challenger for attempting to give them the Pepsi Taste Test.
In the new ads a Pepsi Challenger tries to give the taste test to various representatives of Coca-Cola, but the cola bears attempt to afflict grievous harm on the Pepsi Challenger and in another, he wakes the president of Coca-Cola in the early hours of the morning and gets chased away by vicious guard dogs. In his final attempt to offer the Pepsi Taste Challenge he sees Santa Claus, who promptly threatens to set the elves on him.
Pepsi's director of marketing, Richard Burjaw, told just-drinks.com: "The ads are really popular, we're supporting the programme on radio and on the internet and we have had a great response from consumers."
The Pepsi brand team wanted to give out the message that Pepsi is confident enough in its product to put the Taste Challenge to anyone.
Developed by Toronto-based BBDO Canada, the campaign is to build awareness of the summer promotion and is running in eight cities for nine weeks in Ontario and Western Canada.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research