News Review - Australians look for US blend to protect consolidation interests
The long awaited rationalisation of the world's wine industry appears to have begun. Australia's big players were always going to be part of it either as acquirer or acquired. Chris Brook-Carter reports. Australia's wine giants could face a make or break year as the pace of consolidation in the industry picks up. For companies such as Southcorp, BRL Hardy and Foster's, which owns Mildara Blass, it may be a case of buy or be bought, according to industry analysts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role