US: Monster Beverage on course for growth - analyst
Monster released its full-year results yesterday
Monster Beverage's full-year results are “not perfect” but the company can look forward to single-digit sales growth over the next five years, an analyst has said.
In a note today (28 February), Stifel Nicolaus said a resurgence in US sales and increased overseas business give the energy drinks maker a healthy outlook despite slowing growth. In full-year results yesterday, Monster reported a 20% profits rise year-on-year compared to a 35% jump in 2011.
"We continue to anticipate low double-digit sales growth over the next three-to-five years driven by continued US category growth, innovation, and international expansion," Stifel said.
Stifel estimated US sales grew by 12% in the past quarter, an improvement compared to a past two-year average, while international sales increased by 30%.
“The strength in core growth is significant, in our view, as it demonstrates the Monster brand remains healthy as relatively new growth drivers (brand) Rehab and international mature,” Stifel said.
Stifel said Monster’s global market share stood at 15 %, compared to Red Bull's 50%. It estimated Monster’s US share at about 31%.
According to the global company website, Red Bull is focusing on the core markets of Western Europe and the US, as well as the growth markets of Brazil, Japan, India and China. The company is also con...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research