Millennium Champagne Stocks Boost For Consumers
The relative performances of the French champagne and sparkling wine markets come under the scrutiny of Retail Intelligence in the June and September editions of Consumer Goods Europe. June's Market Survey feature reports how last year's "outstanding" grape yield has put an end to fears that a surge in champagne prices would dampen this year's millennium celebrations. Poor weather conditions and mildew blighted the harvest of 1997 and stock shortages were expected to cost customers in 1999. However, retailers and revellers alike have been reprieved. 1998 was the best harvest for 15 years and produced some 342 million bottles of champagne.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends