Millennium Champagne Stocks Boost For Consumers
The relative performances of the French champagne and sparkling wine markets come under the scrutiny of Retail Intelligence in the June and September editions of Consumer Goods Europe. June's Market Survey feature reports how last year's "outstanding" grape yield has put an end to fears that a surge in champagne prices would dampen this year's millennium celebrations. Poor weather conditions and mildew blighted the harvest of 1997 and stock shortages were expected to cost customers in 1999. However, retailers and revellers alike have been reprieved. 1998 was the best harvest for 15 years and produced some 342 million bottles of champagne.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research