just The Preview - The Coca-Cola Co's Q1
The Coca-Cola Co releases its Q1 results on Tuesday
The Coca-Cola Co will report its first quarter results on Tuesday (16 April). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the group's highs and lows in the three months to the end of March.
- Coca-Cola's New Year resolution appeared to be to tackle accusations that its products are the root cause of rising obesity levels. The company started 2013 with the launch of an anti-obesity ad in the US that told consumers: “If you eat and drink more calories than you burn off, you'll gain weight.” The ad, which won praise and condemnation in equal measure, was also launched in other markets.
- CEO Muhtar Kent was quick to highlight his company's range of no-calorie drinks when asked about the anti-obesity ad. So, it's fortuitous that this year is Diet Coke's 30th anniversary, an event that Coca-Cola is celebrating with the relaunch of the brand's “Diet Coke Break” ad, last seen six years ago.
- The Super Bowl circus returned in February and Coca-Cola once again launched an ad for the occasion. There was controversy, however, when some groups branded the ad “racist”. Coca-Cola denied the charge.
- In February, Coca-Cola agreed a deal to acquire the "majority" of shares in UK smoothie maker Innocent that it does not already own. Coca-Cola already owns a 58% stake in the company.
- In the same month, Coca-Cola formed two new companies with Aujan Group Holding, five months after it acquired half of the UAE firm's business. In September, Coca-Cola paid $980m for half of the soft drinks business of Aujan and 49% of its bottling and distribution operations.
- On the same day that the Aujan tie-up was announced, Coca-Cola international president, Ahmet Bozer, and Americas president Steven Cahillane were elected executive VPs of the company.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd casts his eye over Habu, the latest soft drinks launch from The Coca-Cola Co in Thailand....
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report