just The Preview - The Coca-Cola Co's Q1
The Coca-Cola Co releases its Q1 results on Tuesday
The Coca-Cola Co will report its first quarter results on Tuesday (16 April). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the group's highs and lows in the three months to the end of March.
- Coca-Cola's New Year resolution appeared to be to tackle accusations that its products are the root cause of rising obesity levels. The company started 2013 with the launch of an anti-obesity ad in the US that told consumers: “If you eat and drink more calories than you burn off, you'll gain weight.” The ad, which won praise and condemnation in equal measure, was also launched in other markets.
- CEO Muhtar Kent was quick to highlight his company's range of no-calorie drinks when asked about the anti-obesity ad. So, it's fortuitous that this year is Diet Coke's 30th anniversary, an event that Coca-Cola is celebrating with the relaunch of the brand's “Diet Coke Break” ad, last seen six years ago.
- The Super Bowl circus returned in February and Coca-Cola once again launched an ad for the occasion. There was controversy, however, when some groups branded the ad “racist”. Coca-Cola denied the charge.
- In February, Coca-Cola agreed a deal to acquire the "majority" of shares in UK smoothie maker Innocent that it does not already own. Coca-Cola already owns a 58% stake in the company.
- In the same month, Coca-Cola formed two new companies with Aujan Group Holding, five months after it acquired half of the UAE firm's business. In September, Coca-Cola paid $980m for half of the soft drinks business of Aujan and 49% of its bottling and distribution operations.
- On the same day that the Aujan tie-up was announced, Coca-Cola international president, Ahmet Bozer, and Americas president Steven Cahillane were elected executive VPs of the company.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd casts his eye over Habu, the latest soft drinks launch from The Coca-Cola Co in Thailand....
The Coca-Cola Company slightly underperformed the world’s soft drinks market amid the recession in Western Europe and slow economic recovery in the US. It is actively expanding in low calorie carbonat...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- just The Preview - Heineken's H1 & Q2
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat