just The Preview - SABMiller Q1
SABMiller will release its first-quarter results tomorrow (26 July).
SABMiller will release its first-quarter results tomorrow (26 July). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the brewer in the three months to the end of June.
- SABMiller's CEO Graham Mackay announced in April that he is calling time on his tenure at the top. Mackay, who joined the brewer in 1978, will stand down next year and be replaced by the MD of SABMiller Europe, Alan Clark. But did SABMiller miss a trick by keeping its chairman succession in-house?
- Concerns over SABMiller's accession strategy rumbled over into May as an analyst said Clark would find it difficult to carve out his own niche.
- In June, SABMiller told just-drinks it was moving its Latin American regional headquarters from Colombia to Miami. How much this had to do with its acquisition of Empresarial Bavaria seven years ago was not immediately clear.
- CEO Mackay may be stepping down, but he's leaving on a high, at least in terms of salary. At the end of June, SABMiller revealed his total pay package for the past financial year was GBP5.9m (US$9.2m), up 5% on the previous year.
To read a preview of SABMiller's Q4, click here.
In the fourth part of Euromonitor's preview of 2013, alcoholic drinks analysts Spiros Malandrakis and Zsuzsa Szilagyi consider what the future holds for the world's brewers....
He's back, Back, BACK. After an absence of almost two years, we're delighted to welcome Larry Nelson, the publisher of Brewers' Guardian, back into the just-drinks fold. and, to kick things off again,...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets