just The Preview - SABMiller Q1
SABMiller will release its first-quarter results tomorrow (26 July).
SABMiller will release its first-quarter results tomorrow (26 July). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the brewer in the three months to the end of June.
- SABMiller's CEO Graham Mackay announced in April that he is calling time on his tenure at the top. Mackay, who joined the brewer in 1978, will stand down next year and be replaced by the MD of SABMiller Europe, Alan Clark. But did SABMiller miss a trick by keeping its chairman succession in-house?
- Concerns over SABMiller's accession strategy rumbled over into May as an analyst said Clark would find it difficult to carve out his own niche.
- In June, SABMiller told just-drinks it was moving its Latin American regional headquarters from Colombia to Miami. How much this had to do with its acquisition of Empresarial Bavaria seven years ago was not immediately clear.
- CEO Mackay may be stepping down, but he's leaving on a high, at least in terms of salary. At the end of June, SABMiller revealed his total pay package for the past financial year was GBP5.9m (US$9.2m), up 5% on the previous year.
To read a preview of SABMiller's Q4, click here.
In the fourth part of Euromonitor's preview of 2013, alcoholic drinks analysts Spiros Malandrakis and Zsuzsa Szilagyi consider what the future holds for the world's brewers....
He's back, Back, BACK. After an absence of almost two years, we're delighted to welcome Larry Nelson, the publisher of Brewers' Guardian, back into the just-drinks fold. and, to kick things off again,...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015