just The Preview - Remy Cointreau Q4 & FY
Remy will release its full-year results on Thursday
Remy Cointreau will report its full-year and fourth-quarter results on Thursday (5 June), with expectations greatly lowered after the company issued a profits warning in April. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of March:
- At the start of January, Remy announced that its CEO, Frédéric Pflanz, was stepping down only three months after he was appointed. The role is being filled by chairman François Hériard Dubreuil on an interim basis.
- Three weeks later the group confirmed reports that the head of its Remy Martin Cognac division, Patrick Piana, was leaving the company. Eric Vallat was unveiled as Piana's replacement.
- In February, Remy refreshed the packaging on its Mount Gay rum portfolio in the US to bring it in line with the brand's newest variant, Black Barrel.
- Also in February, the company expanded the launch of Bruichladdich distillery's The Botanist Islay Dry Gin into the Travel Retail channel.
- Remy Cointreau saw the biggest lift in US off-trade spirits volumes among major producers in January, according to National Alcohol Beverage Control Association data. Volumes were up by 5% over the same period last year.
In the first half of the company's fiscal year:
- Net profits fell 20% to EUR69.3m (US$94m)
- Net sales were down 6% to EUR558m
- Operating profits slipped 6% to EUR132.7m
The news this week that Krzysztof Trylinski is stepping down at Belvedere brings the curtain down on a professional chapter that has been nothing if not colourful....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during December 2013....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global wine market during December 2013....
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Coca-Cola Life US launch fails to ignite
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits