just The Preview - Remy Cointreau Q4 & FY
Remy reports it full-year results on Thursday
- In February, the company confirmed to just-drinks that it is looking to up its presence in India's high-end spirits market, through a partnership with Sula Vineyards.
- Also in February, Remy launched an extenstion of its Mount Gay rum brand in the US – Black Barrel.
- At the end of the month, its Scotch whisky distillery acquisition from last year, Bruichladdich, revealed it has switched to a 24-hour, five-day-a-week production schedule since the takeover.
- The company is among those likley to be feeling the pain of a crackdown on state banquets in China, an analyst suggested last month. China accounts for around 30% of the group's EBIT.
In Remy's nine-month results:
- Total sales rose by 17.5% to EUR964.4m (US$1.29bn)
- Sales of Remy's own brands were up by 20.6%
- Profits were not detailed
In first-half results:
First-half net profits rose by 83% to EUR86.6m (US$108.3m)
Net sales in H1 were up by 13.3% to EUR595.8m
Operating profits jumped by 18% to EUR141.5m
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research