just the Preview - Pernod Ricard Q2 & H1
Pernod will report its half-year results on Thursday
Pernod Ricard will report its second-quarter and half-year numbers on Thursday (14 February). Here, just-drinks takes a look at what the Paris-headquartered group has been up to in the three months to the end of December:
- In October, the company revealed it is planning to build a new malt whisky distillery in Scotland as part of expansion plans in the country.
- Ballantine's Finest blended Scotch got a big push in November as Pernod launched a global TV campaign to try to connect with a younger audience.
- A sigh of relief for the group in November, as an eight-year old lawsuit over alleged commercial misconduct in Colombia was dismissed by New York's district court.
- The company sought to push its Beefeater gin brand's connection to London with the launch of an international marketing campaign.
- Good news for Pernod's Jameson Irish Whiskey as the group reported the brand had passed the 4m-case mark in the past year, with one-quarter sold in the US.
- In December, the group's Americas chairman & CEO made positive noises about the prospects for the premium spirits market in Brazil.
In Pernod's Q1:
- Net sales in Q1 rose by 5% to EUR2.2bn (US$2.86bn)
- Asia/RoW delivered "moderate" growth, up by 11%
- US saw double-digit sales rise
For just-drinks' coverage of Pernod's Q1 results, click here.
Over the last 10 years of rapid acquisitions, Pernod Ricard has built a strong portfolio of premium brands on a global scale. Most of its brands enjoy a leading position in international markets. The ...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018