just The Preview - Pernod Ricard Q1
Pernod Ricard will release its first-quarter results on Thursday (25 October).
- On 17 August, Pernod chairman and former CEO Patrick Ricard died of a heart attack on an island off the south coast of France. The 67-year-old sat at the helm of his family's company for 30 years, stepping down in 2008. He oversaw Pernod Ricard's acquisitions of Seagram and Allied Domecq, as well as the purchase of Sweden's Vin & Sprit and its Absolut vodka brand.
- In July, Pernod sold Danish aquavit brands Aalborg and Brøndums, German brand Malteserkreuz Aquavit and Danish bitter brand Gammel Dansk to Arcus-Gruppen for EUR103m (US$125.6m). The move was part of the company's debt-reduction plan.
- Pernod took the lion's share of ownership in a top-50 list of international spirits brands, released in August. Pernod owned ten brands on the list, including Absolut at number four, while Diageo was second with six.
- Last month Pernod announced it was considering building a new Scotch whisky distillery as part of an expansion strategy unveiled in May. “Clearly, the next stage for us - and we are starting to think about it - is to look to build a new distillery from scratch,” the CEO of Pernod's Chivas Brothers said. On the same day, the company opened the door to future acquisitions. Details of the new distillery plan were confirmed last week.
- Pernod was the top beverage company in a Forbes list of the world's most innovative companies. The company was 15th overall, narrowly beating off two Chinese baijiu makers in the annual survey.
In this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper looks at the alcoholic drinks industry's attempts to reduce alcohol harm and promote responsible consumption. Part one of this four-part briefing consid...
The fourth and final part of this month's management briefing sees Ben Cooper consider how the future looks for the drinks industry's attempts to deal with alcohol harm and responsible consumption....
This weekend marked the fifth anniversary of Pernod Ricard's acquisition of Vin & Sprit and the Absolut vodka brand. A lot has changed since those heady days of 2008, so how does the race for - and pu...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets