just The Preview - PepsiCo Q4 & FY
PepsiCo will release its full-year results tomorrow
PepsiCo will report its full-year results on Thursday (14 February). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of December and performances in recent quarters.
- All eyes will be on PepsiCo's full-year results for its China division to see how its partnership with Tingyi is progressing, a partnership that unveiled its first joint site in October. Some analysts believe PepsiCo has the better of rival the Coca-Cola Co in the country thanks to reduced exposure. Tomorrow's numbers should paint a clearer picture, especially when compared to Coca-Cola's FY results released today.
- In October, PepsiCo announced it was to sell 51% of its Vietnam beverage business to Suntory.
- In the same month, PepsiCo announced a US$600m investment in Thailand after dropping local partner Serm Suk.
- Meanwhile, the company said it plans to open a bottling plant in Myanmar within 12 months.
- PepsiCo announced in November the planned closure of a Louisiana bottling plant, with the loss of 60 jobs.
- November also saw the company up its India exposure with a $72m deal to sponsor cricket's Indian Premier League.
In PepsiCo's year-to-date,
- Nine-month like-for-like net profits decreased by 10% to US$4.52bn
- Net sales in nine months to end of September fell by 1.7%% to $45.54bn
- Operating profits dropped by 6.6% to $6.90bn
For the company's Q3,
- Three-month net profits slipped by 5.2% to $1.9bn
- Net sales fell by 5.3% to $16.65bn
- Operating profits dropped by 3.6% to $2.8bn.
For the company's H1,
- Net profits dropped by 14% to $2.63bn
- Sales flat at $28.9bn in the period
- Operating profits decreased by 9%
In its Q1,
- Q1 group net profits slipped by 1% to $1.13bn
- Operating profits flat at $1.72bn
- Sales rose by 4% to $12.43bn
To read a preview of PepsiCo's Q3 results, click here.
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd follows up on the reports that PepsiCo is planning to launch a premium brand into the burgeoning US bottled water market next year, in an attempt to accelera...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research