just The Preview - PepsiCo Q4 & FY
PepsiCo will release its full-year results tomorrow
PepsiCo will report its full-year results on Thursday (14 February). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of December and performances in recent quarters.
- All eyes will be on PepsiCo's full-year results for its China division to see how its partnership with Tingyi is progressing, a partnership that unveiled its first joint site in October. Some analysts believe PepsiCo has the better of rival the Coca-Cola Co in the country thanks to reduced exposure. Tomorrow's numbers should paint a clearer picture, especially when compared to Coca-Cola's FY results released today.
- In October, PepsiCo announced it was to sell 51% of its Vietnam beverage business to Suntory.
- In the same month, PepsiCo announced a US$600m investment in Thailand after dropping local partner Serm Suk.
- Meanwhile, the company said it plans to open a bottling plant in Myanmar within 12 months.
- PepsiCo announced in November the planned closure of a Louisiana bottling plant, with the loss of 60 jobs.
- November also saw the company up its India exposure with a $72m deal to sponsor cricket's Indian Premier League.
In PepsiCo's year-to-date,
- Nine-month like-for-like net profits decreased by 10% to US$4.52bn
- Net sales in nine months to end of September fell by 1.7%% to $45.54bn
- Operating profits dropped by 6.6% to $6.90bn
For the company's Q3,
- Three-month net profits slipped by 5.2% to $1.9bn
- Net sales fell by 5.3% to $16.65bn
- Operating profits dropped by 3.6% to $2.8bn.
For the company's H1,
- Net profits dropped by 14% to $2.63bn
- Sales flat at $28.9bn in the period
- Operating profits decreased by 9%
In its Q1,
- Q1 group net profits slipped by 1% to $1.13bn
- Operating profits flat at $1.72bn
- Sales rose by 4% to $12.43bn
To read a preview of PepsiCo's Q3 results, click here.
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd follows up on the reports that PepsiCo is planning to launch a premium brand into the burgeoning US bottled water market next year, in an attempt to accelera...
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
Ranked sixth in hot drinks in 2012, the company has a strong presence in other hot drinks, in particular in chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks under the Toddy brand. Competing for the same target...
PepsiCo China Ltd is seeking sustainable growth by enhancing brand awareness around the world and bringing innovative products to the marketplace....
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Coca-Cola Life US launch fails to ignite
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks