just the Preview - PepsiCo Q2 & H1
PepsiCo reports its H1 numbers on Wednesday
PepsiCo will report its second-quarter and first-half numbers on Wednesday (24 July). Here just-drinks takes a look at the group's activities in the three months to the end of June.
- The company set pulses racing in April with the launch of a new global TV ad featuring singer Beyonce.
- Later that month, after media speculation, PepsiCo confirmed it had been in talks with activist investor Nelson Peltz over how to drive “long-term growth” for the group.
- The news revived speculation about a possible swoop for PepsiCo's beverage business by brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- In May, the company was forced to pull an ad for its Mountain Dew brand over accusations that it was racist and portrayed violence against women.
- At the end of the month, the group's CEO Indra Nooyi warned that CSD producers have just three years before consumers will “walk away” from the category.
- PepsiCo spoke out on obesity, saying a “collabarative” approach was needed by the soft drinks industry.
- Last month, the company denied that it had plans to acquire SodaStream.
- Mountain Dew extension, Amp Energy, is rolled-out to the UK
- At the end of last month, it was annoucned Indonesia's PepsiCo bottler, Pepsi-Cola Indobeverages, is being acquired jointly by Asahi Group and Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur
In PepsiCo's Q1
- Net profits fell by by 5% to US$1.08bn
- Net sales rose by 1% to $12.58bn
- Operating profits dropped by 4% to $1.66bn
For a look at just-drinks' preview of PepsiCo's Q1, click here.
As we welcome in the New Year, we invite Euromonitor to cast its eye over what 2014 holds for the drinks industry. In the first part of this month's management briefing, the global market research and...
Here, courtesy of analysts at Nomura, is a list of the purchases made in the global brewing industry between 1999 and last year, along with the EBITDA multiples paid....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research