just the Preview - PepsiCo Q2 & H1
PepsiCo reports its H1 numbers on Wednesday
PepsiCo will report its second-quarter and first-half numbers on Wednesday (24 July). Here just-drinks takes a look at the group's activities in the three months to the end of June.
- The company set pulses racing in April with the launch of a new global TV ad featuring singer Beyonce.
- Later that month, after media speculation, PepsiCo confirmed it had been in talks with activist investor Nelson Peltz over how to drive “long-term growth” for the group.
- The news revived speculation about a possible swoop for PepsiCo's beverage business by brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- In May, the company was forced to pull an ad for its Mountain Dew brand over accusations that it was racist and portrayed violence against women.
- At the end of the month, the group's CEO Indra Nooyi warned that CSD producers have just three years before consumers will “walk away” from the category.
- PepsiCo spoke out on obesity, saying a “collabarative” approach was needed by the soft drinks industry.
- Last month, the company denied that it had plans to acquire SodaStream.
- Mountain Dew extension, Amp Energy, is rolled-out to the UK
- At the end of last month, it was annoucned Indonesia's PepsiCo bottler, Pepsi-Cola Indobeverages, is being acquired jointly by Asahi Group and Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur
In PepsiCo's Q1
- Net profits fell by by 5% to US$1.08bn
- Net sales rose by 1% to $12.58bn
- Operating profits dropped by 4% to $1.66bn
For a look at just-drinks' preview of PepsiCo's Q1, click here.
As we welcome in the New Year, we invite Euromonitor to cast its eye over what 2014 holds for the drinks industry. In the first part of this month's management briefing, the global market research and...
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
Ranked sixth in hot drinks in 2012, the company has a strong presence in other hot drinks, in particular in chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks under the Toddy brand. Competing for the same target...
Here, courtesy of analysts at Nomura, is a list of the purchases made in the global brewing industry between 1999 and last year, along with the EBITDA multiples paid....
PepsiCo China Ltd is seeking sustainable growth by enhancing brand awareness around the world and bringing innovative products to the marketplace....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Beam Suntory appoints chief HR officer
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research