just the Preview - PepsiCo Q2 & H1
PepsiCo reports its H1 numbers on Wednesday
PepsiCo will report its second-quarter and first-half numbers on Wednesday (24 July). Here just-drinks takes a look at the group's activities in the three months to the end of June.
- The company set pulses racing in April with the launch of a new global TV ad featuring singer Beyonce.
- Later that month, after media speculation, PepsiCo confirmed it had been in talks with activist investor Nelson Peltz over how to drive “long-term growth” for the group.
- The news revived speculation about a possible swoop for PepsiCo's beverage business by brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- In May, the company was forced to pull an ad for its Mountain Dew brand over accusations that it was racist and portrayed violence against women.
- At the end of the month, the group's CEO Indra Nooyi warned that CSD producers have just three years before consumers will “walk away” from the category.
- PepsiCo spoke out on obesity, saying a “collabarative” approach was needed by the soft drinks industry.
- Last month, the company denied that it had plans to acquire SodaStream.
- Mountain Dew extension, Amp Energy, is rolled-out to the UK
- At the end of last month, it was annoucned Indonesia's PepsiCo bottler, Pepsi-Cola Indobeverages, is being acquired jointly by Asahi Group and Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur
In PepsiCo's Q1
- Net profits fell by by 5% to US$1.08bn
- Net sales rose by 1% to $12.58bn
- Operating profits dropped by 4% to $1.66bn
For a look at just-drinks' preview of PepsiCo's Q1, click here.
As we welcome in the New Year, we invite Euromonitor to cast its eye over what 2014 holds for the drinks industry. In the first part of this month's management briefing, the global market research and...
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
Here, courtesy of analysts at Nomura, is a list of the purchases made in the global brewing industry between 1999 and last year, along with the EBITDA multiples paid....
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report