just The Preview - Molson Coors Q2 & H1
Moslon Coors releases its H1 results tomorrow
Brewer Molson Coors will report its second-quarter and first-half results tomorrow (6 August). Here, just-drinks takes a look at how the brewer has fared in the first six months of the year:
- Molson Coors' latest acquisition, the US$3.5bn StarBev, is still bedding in, but analysts have been keen to mark it as a future winner for the brewer. Back in January, one analyst said the Czech unit will help take the pressure off an underperforming UK. In May, another said StarBev can help prop up Canada.
- There was further trouble brewing in Canada in February. Molson Coors locked horns with Miller Brewing Company in the country after the SABMiller subsidiary said it was terminating a licence agreement between the two.
- In April, Molson launched its flagship Canadian lager out of North America for the first time with its launch in Ireland. The beer is sold at 5% abv in Canada, but the Irish version will be 4%.
- In May, an analyst said Molson Coors, along with Carlsberg, were the best-placed big brewers to cope with the threat of craft beer to their market share. Molson Coors has managed a “small is beautiful” policy better than its rivals, the analyst said.
- In June, Molson Coors hit out at a a ban on alcohol advertising and sports sponsorship in Ireland, saying it would restrict competition and make it "almost impossible" to grow its share of the market.
In Molson Coors' Q1
- Q1 net profits fall by 55% to US$35.6m
- Net sales increase by 20% to $828.5m
- Operating profits drop by 8%, hitting $112m
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Beer in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). Th...
Here, courtesy of analysts at Nomura, is a list of the purchases made in the global brewing industry between 1999 and last year, along with the EBITDA multiples paid....
The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets